Jerry Lawler is the Greatest Wrestler of all time

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Lovely post, the kind this place needs more of! For my cash Bammer looked best in his rookie year, and a lot of that is surely connected that a lot of that year revolved around him and Lawkler as opponents and team mates.

Lalwer doing so much with so little really is what puts him over the top, for me. 

He got by on charisma, character and knowing how to manipulate the audience. He could go a whole match without taking a proper bump and still have the crowd gripped. 

A proper worker.

• Awards Moderator
13 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Vince McMahon must have been watching this forum as well as NXT UK Takeover this weekend https://lordsofpain.net/jerry-lawler-signs-new-wwe-contract-will-call-mens-royal-rumble-match/

You are missing the bigger news that this will be alongside JBL on the booth 😖

• Paid Members

@zep81That Flair/Lawler angle and match was incredible. Naitch losing his mind at the end. He still hadn't become the Nature Boy we know and love, but it's a great piece of television. I used to love when Jerry would have the mic in the ring with him while he squashed a jobber on WWF TV. He is truly one of the all time greats, and he carried that Memphis Territory for decades because of it.

• Paid Members

One of my favourite Lawler promos was the one after he got beat up by Ken Lucas, whom he'd completely dismissed as an opponent prior to their match. 

Goddamn I love Jerry Lawler. A lot has been said about getting so much out of so little, but there was a time when Lawler was one of the better bumpers in the business. There's a Savage Vs. Lawler match out there, not from the MSC, where Lawler gets thrown out of the ring and just eats the concrete and has stuck in my mind for years.

Everything about Lawler is classic pro wrestling, and as good as he is as a heel (and he is), I adore watching him as a babyface. His selling is out of this world gripping, the timing of when he looks to the people and commands their attention and conducts them like an orchestra, the how and when to pick them up for the comeback is superb. And the fire. Fuck me his fire in unreal. The best punch in the business, as many have said - the punch I insist everybody I know who trains to wrestle watch frame by frame repeatedly. Very few things you'll ever see in wrestling are as perfect and beautiful as a Jerry Lawler comeback.

This isn't even getting to the fact that's he one of the best promos of all time on either side of the fence. If I get a chance, I want to do a similar write-up like Zep did for some Lawler stuff.

• Moderators

It's not just that his punch which is great, it's more the fact he actually has a full range of great punches. Jabs, hooks, overhand rights, bodyshots, punches from the mount. Lawler actually has a full arsenal of strikes which all look great and all used to perfection depending on where we are with the match, whereas most wrestlers have one stock punch and it looks ropey.

Archived