What games do you have or play on your phone?

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm currently rocking Peggle Blast and I just want to say level 130 is the biggest cunt of all time. I love Peggle though.

Thank you for introducing me to this - great game! EXTREME FEVER!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't played it in a while but 80 Days was a gorgeous little game, you have to travel across the globe in under 80 days like in the Jules Verne novel but there are many, many ways of doing it. The writing is some of the best I've ever seen in a game on any platform.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Thank you for introducing me to this - great game! EXTREME FEVER!!!

I got Peggle and Peggle Nights on the PC a few months ago and they're actually better games than this, would highly recommend them. But it's still great fun.

Sonic Forces is quite addictive in the sense of a multiplayer race type game. Pop up adverts are a pain in the arse after each race but I'm not paying to remove them.

Used to love Crash Team Racing on the old old iPhone but that disappeared, any other decent racing games?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I got Peggle and Peggle Nights on the PC a few months ago and they're actually better games than this, would highly recommend them. But it's still great fun.

Forever associated in my mind with Middlemarch by George Eliot. It was on the university syllabus, but for reasons I can't adequately explain now I just didn't bother to read it. The night before the exam, I decided to listen to the audiobook while playing Peggle. I stayed up all night, probably managed to get through a tenth of the book and failed the exam. What I really needed was a Zen Ball. 

• Paid Members

I went back through the mobile versions GTA III and and Vice City over Christmas. Absolute bastards to do on mobile but still insane amounts of fun. I can't bring myself to back to San Andreas on it! 

I usually buy the latest Football Manager handheld - it's the perfect version of the game for me, as I don't have time for the more in-depth PC version. It's much more simplified on handheld, yet I don't feel like I'm really missing out on much with it because it has everything I need. 

I regularly play International Snooker '12. If you buy the extra pack there's a full on tour you can play on which is pretty much exactly like the current pro tour (apart from being a few years out of date, obviously). The AI is quite bad but it's still incredibly fun and something I repeatedly play on commutes. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Having played peggle and peggle nights years ago on the xbox 360, and having searched for an app version a couple years back thanks for the tip that there finally is one. It's great! Yes, it's as crammed with the horrible microtransaction bollocks as you would expect a mobile game to be, but underneath that is the same great gameplay. The egg hatching is a bit annoying though.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Having played peggle and peggle nights years ago on the xbox 360, and having searched for an app version a couple years back thanks for the tip that there finally is one. It's great! Yes, it's as crammed with the horrible microtransaction bollocks as you would expect a mobile game to be, but underneath that is the same great gameplay. The egg hatching is a bit annoying though.

I've played up to level 140 now and only used the microtransaction stuff once, to get past an absolute bastard of a level. Unlike with a lot of games, it doesn't seem necessary to get places in it, I would probably have beaten that level eventually, it was just getting on my tits.

And yeah, the egg hatching levels are a pain in the arse.

• Paid Members

Sometimes I'll fire up Game Dev Story..Kairosoft do some nice little RPG/business sims and usually pretty cheap as well. Crossy Road can be quite addictive. Amazon Underground can have some great games that are usually chock full of microtransactions on other mobile platforms that are totally free, microtransactions included. Knights Of Pen & Paper is quite fun as well. It's an RPG where the premise is that it's people playing D&D, so as well as picking your characters for you party, you have to pick the people that are playing as those characters, each of which has their own skill sets that compliment the abilities of the characters.

Edit: If you're more a "flappy bird" type Crossy Road & Steppy Pants are a lot less frustrating,but still have that "one more go" factor.Disney Crossy Road is a good variation. The different characters have levels based on the movies they're from, and often entirely different scoring systems. All the extras are time released on them, but it doesn't feel grindy. You can pay for the extra stuff as well, but they're not too aggressive with their pushing for cash. Well, the Disney one can be as they've decided to try and hide some characters away behind a paywall but I get the feeling that's more on Disney than the Crossy Road people.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Sometimes I'll fire up Game Dev Story..Kairosoft do some nice little RPG/business sims and usually pretty cheap as well. . 

I've not played any other Kairosoft game but I found Game Dev Story to be immensely fun and addictive. I got a bit fed up though when I couldn't work out how to produce your own console, despite having all the right team members. Still, it's a game I always have a play through once a year or so.

• Paid Members

Recently got a new phone, so can actually play games without it eating the battery to death in ten minutes like it did on the old one. I've only got a few, and they're pretty much all bobbins, though.

I've got the mobile Katamari game, but don't think much of it. Strays too far from the original premise, and lacks a lot of the charm and humour that makes the series fun.

Jewel Legend, which is a generic colour-matching Candy Crush style thing, but a half-decent time waster, and Bubble Shooter, which is pretty self-explanatory. Puzzle Bobble is one of my all-time favourite games, so it's a good time-waster even if a pretty weak example of the genre.

I've also got Moomin Move, which is a Moomins branded knock-off of Pokemon Go that I can't make head nor tail of, and another Moomins one that's a clicky Farmville knock-off and equally shoddy. 

CHIKARA recently released a colour-matching game called Kingdom of Trios, so I have that too, but it's needlessly confusing and shite.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

I usually buy the latest Football Manager handheld - it's the perfect version of the game for me, as I don't have time for the more in-depth PC version. It's much more simplified on handheld, yet I don't feel like I'm really missing out on much with it because it has everything I need. 

I'll use this as another moan about Grey Dog Software not releasing or licensing an lightweight version of EWR or TEW. Get your fingers out of your arse and release EWR on Android you swine.

There's been a couple of attempts at a proper wrestling booming sim for Android, but they've all failed, most notably Storybook Ending Wrestling. There's one called 80's Mania Wrestling, which looks promising from the get-go but you soon realise that you can't build a decent roster or show without microtransactions and the paper thin booking mechanic is to disguise what is simply a card-collecting game.

Then you have the Mdickie games too but they don't feel as charming as they were ten years ago when I was playing modded out versions on my shitty PC.

If you're after a decent wrestling-based mobile game then I recommend Muscle Hustle, which as it's core is a snooker-based bashe'em-up with wrestling characters. You can buy stuff with real money if you want but it's very easy to simply earn the in-game currency and they give away tons of freebies for watching the occasional 30 second advert (optional, by the way). I've got a sizable roster and I've never spent a single real penny on it.

My asylum seeking wife got arrested in Croatia returning an old italian ladies passport to a police station after she stole it whilst hitch hiking. At least she survived the dingy sinking on trip from Turkey to Greece. Think I'll just check out Pebble.

Anyone played the mobile version of Fortnite? Think my phone would melt but I tried it on my girlfriend's and it is ridiculously playable in that format. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I'll use this as another moan about Grey Dog Software not releasing or licensing an lightweight version of EWR or TEW. Get your fingers out of your arse and release EWR on Android you swine.

Grey Dog don't own EWR, and by all accounts Adam Ryland no longer has the source code either, so it would need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Archived