What games do you have or play on your phone?

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Grey Dog don't own EWR, and by all accounts Adam Ryland no longer has the source code either, so it would need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

In that case it would have to be a lightweight version of TEW.

I hear the excuses all the time of "Oh it has to be built from the ground up" and "It's a one man job", which is fair enough if we didn't have the likes of Axiom Verge, an incredible game which was 99% a one man operation. 

The market is clearly there and I've no right to demand such a game from anybody, but it's a bit frustrating seeing the lax attitude they have towards an attempt. Hell, even a closed-beta would do, just to prove that's doable/not doable.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Anyone played the mobile version of Fortnite? Think my phone would melt but I tried it on my girlfriend's and it is ridiculously playable in that format. 

I have, and it felt like I was holding a bowl of lava. Played well, though.

I'm disappointed by the mobile gaming market. Several years ago it looked really promising- with early Football Manager versions, Angry Birds and then the GTA & Sonic ports. Over the past few years though there isn't much I've been excited about. I want some decent simulation games- and not ones with in-app purchases to allow you to do more than 15 mins of 'harvesting' or whatever a day. I'm happy to pay for games if they're worth getting, would much rather that than a game encouraged by in-app purchases.

I do have the official port of Rollercoaster Tycoon (might be RCT2 in fact) and it plays really well, but that's it. I want Sim City, Command & Conquer or games similar to those because they'd be ideal for my commute.

Two Dots is probably the only new/original game over the past few years I've really enjoyed and kept going back to.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I'm happy to pay for games if they're worth getting, would much rather that than a game encouraged by in-app purchases.

Unfortunately the market has moved to pay as you go. Currently it's the only way games make money, no one shells out upfront, only once they've got stuck on a level. 

• 1 month later...

Archived