The Best Pop Song Of All Time

Frankie Crisp

When it comes to girl groups, I'm more of a fan of The Saturdays myself and the fact I've seen them live in addition to all the metal bands I've seen over the years will raise eyebrows from some. Although the list of artists I've seen live is in the triple figures now and it's got quite a big mix of stuff in there, anyway I do have Girls Aloud's Out Of Control and there is actually a few good ones on there even though I've not given it a listen in a while. They certainly did have loads of great ones. Love Machine is a good guilty pleasure type one. Biology really is genius. Clearly it was various ideas rolled together and it clicked quite well. I think some expected them to fizzle out after Popstars: The Rivals, but they got quite a big lifespan for a girl group/boyband in the end.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I saw the thread title, came in to say Biology and thought I’d be laughed out. Call the shots is also great.

honorable mentions to Sugababes V1 for Overload and New Year, Honeyz with Finally Found, Sia with Chandelier, Carley Ray Jepson’s Call Me Maybe and Belinda Carslisle Leave a Light On

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

He's written and co-written 22 US Number 1 singles and produced 20. The only people beating him on writing are Paul McCartney on 32 and John Lennon on 26, and George Martin on the production side with 22. I can see him beating both George Martin and John Lennon within the next few years with ease.

I hope so, don't want the music career distracting Martin from fucking finishing The Winds Of Winter.

• Paid Members

I was on strike yesterday, and went digging through an old bag of badges to find something suitably leftist to adorn my lapel. Couldn't find anything, but did stumble on a set of promotional Girls Aloud badges I got my then-girlfriend to swipe for me from HMV while she was working there - I'd forgotten I owned them, and have somehow gone years without wearing a "Let's Go, Eskimo" badge.

Archived