UFC 234: Whittaker vs Gastelum - Feb 9 🇦🇺

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

not a stinker, but i do think theres gonna be a lot of gamemanship and bullshit though. Adesnaya seems intent on trying to show hes an upgraded version of Anderson, and its that kind of attitude that i could potentially see him ending up on trouble. Mistakes aside though this is Adesanya's fight.

• Paid Members

I know Silva is probably looking old in this, but the UFC have really sold me on his fight with Style Bender. There is always usually a buzz whenever Silva is fighting, in my life, but with this new v old story you get the sense we're either seeing the rebirth of Silva (in that he'll probably get a title shot next) or the making of a new king.

I get what David is getting at saying this could end up being a stinker; you always have that risk with Silva. However, I think Style Bender is hell bent on putting on a show.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

all the build is focussed on the co-main, i keep forgetting Whittaker/Gastelum is even happening.

It will never not be amusing that the first and only proper advert on the Jones PPV was for the co-main. Clearly, Dana and co are like anyone with a pulse and realise Whittaker is irredeemably dull.

Whittaker is a very good fighter. But his last fight took a bit of the shine off him. He was very fortunate to get the decision. I scored it for Romero and so did most others. It wasn't a robbery. But I came away thinking the wrong guy won on the night. Of course, Romero is not without his shortcomings. He missed weight, etc, etc. Ultimately, I think Mousasi is the best middleweight on the planet. 

I enjoyed reading Kevin Wilson's breakdown of Silva and Adesanya's fighting styles (links below). Wilson thinks that it was Bisping who found the blueprint to neutralise Anderson's striking game. 

https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/The-Film-Room-Anderson-Silva-149387

https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/The-Film-Room-Israel-Adesanya-149389

Archived