Best British Sportsperson of Your Lifetime

Gus Mears

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yes.  He is the best driver since Alonso but he is also one of the fastest.  Technology and the best car does go a long way, but there is a reason Hamilton gets the best cars, much like why the best footballers end up at the best clubs.  He is phenomenal. 

It's also worth pointing out that other than Rosberg a few years back that none of this team mates have really been near to him at Mercedes so this whole 'He drives the best car' might be partly true but he still delivers much more than Rosberg/Bottas has. 

I'm not a Hamilton fan by any means but this past season Ferrari had the better car I thought and Hamilton was almost faultless. Kept his head, pulled Mercedes out of the slump mid season & was relentless. Probably his greatest championship win. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 1/13/2019 at 7:12 AM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Tony Green as well. But purely from a point of view of how Bill Apter got in the Observer Hall of Fame. He made stars out of those charity throwers on Bullseye. Selfless until the end (he's not dead.)

What I loved about Tony Green was how he’d pretend that the PDC didn’t exist and would enthusiastically go apeshit when a BDO player hit 100, just a week after Gary Anderson and Phil Taylor were hitting 180’s for fun down the road at the Ally Pally.

Archived