Best guy to never win the Big One (post 2000 edition)

Duke

• Paid Members
Just now, tiger_rick said:

Great choice. He was incredible. In fairness, a few names mentioned in the thread fit that period when they put the belt on that useless fucker Khali. Flair's last run would have been better and Umaga would have worked well too. It should have been HBK for me though. That he never got a run after that one month in 2002 has always puzzled.

A few people on here have said in the various rumour threads we've had over the years that it was because he'd said he didn't want to be champ. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It should have been HBK for me though. That he never got a run after that one month in 2002 has always puzzled.

This.

The last time I remember being pissed off at an actual wrestling match result (I was 14 so go easy) was when HBK lost to Cena at Wrestlemania. Actually I was annoyed Orton lost to him at SummerSlam as well but really was heartbroken HBK didn't get another run.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

A few people on here have said in the various rumour threads we've had over the years that it was because he'd said he didn't want to be champ. 

He said was retired.

2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I'm 100% dead against any idea in this thread that negates Great Khali having a title run. Give him another one, I say.

Bring back downvotes.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I'm 100% dead against any idea in this thread that negates Great Khali having a title run. Give him another one, I say.

Khali proudly brandishing the World Championship belt upside down while yelling is honestly one of the few images in wrestling permanently emblazoned on my mind. It's brilliant.

Image result for khali belt upside down

I was so fucked off when this happened. I was both at school and at the absolute worst stage of smarkdom. Think I set up a fucking Bebo page of all things complaining about how Khali got the belt rather than Matt Hardy or Shelton Benjamin. That'll show Vince. 

Archived