Sign in to follow this  
lightningxlock

Baldness

I'm bald as fuck. Chicks dig bald guys as the obvious signs of super testosterone shine through with the solar panel for the sex machine. I do have a good shaped head for it though and I feel for people with long or thin shaped heads. No one really noticed with me either as I'd had a grade 1 from year 8 onwards and I always had an Alan Shearer hair line.

18 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

See there's nothing wrong with shaving your head if you're bald but having hair and having a number 3 all over just seems slovenly.

Sheer laziness.  It was the in style when I was in my early 20s, and then not having to pay for haircuts ever or comb my hair meant I kept on clipping.

15 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I know someone for whom losing their hair is a major issue. 

"Asking for a friend" ;)

EDIT: I too would like a Glowing Hat of Justice.  @scratchdj I dunno what you do for a living, but I think you've got a genuine business opportunity there.  Presuming it doesn't give you brain cancer of course.

Edited by Loki

I'm another member of team clippers.  My hairline isn't quite what it once was, but it does.  However, it grows at 27 different speeds so I've clippered it to a 1 or 2 for years.  Do it as a 1 and then it's maintenance free for a few months until I get a self-mullet as the back grows a fair bit quicker.  The last time I visited a barber was in 2015, since then I just buzz it in the bathroom which has left the odd tuft on occasion.

Dad's side are all strong heads of hair (Dad hasn't lost a lock and he's into his 70s) but Mum's lot tend to go shiny so I could yet get the solar panel for my sex machine.

Edited by johnnyboy

I turn 37 in a few weeks and my hair is still going strong. I have been going increasingly grey over the last couple of years but dreads hide that pretty successfully.

I don’t know how much longer I have though. My dad died at 38 with a reasonably full head of hair but I never met any other family members from his side of the family. On my mums side, my grandad died in his 50’s and was thinning significantly whilst one of my uncles still has pretty good coverage albeit slightly receding but his brother had a full on George Constanza in his graduation photo at 21.

The puberty challenge thing on social media has reminded me that I just don’t really seem to age so I’ll ride that wave for as long as it lasts knowing it’ll catch up to me eventually.

Fair play to @scratchdj though, that’s well impressive.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Presuming it doesn't give you brain cancer of course.

It comes and goes.

My hair is a dumpster fire, I have a huge carflick that runs in the family, I have a massive crown on the back, but my hairline thankfully is decent. I usually go for medium length on top and a 1 down the back and sides. The one time recently I did revert to getting a 1 all over my Mrs bollocked me.

No offense to any of you baldies, but there's not much I find funnier than balding men refusing to just admit defeat and shave it. Any haircut that looks like it's clearly balding looks bad, just get shot of it.

12 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

carflick

"Calf lick" ie the mum-licked hair of a baby cow. 

8 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

No offense to any of you baldies, but there's not much I find funnier than balding men refusing to just admit defeat and shave it. Any haircut that looks like it's clearly balding looks bad, just get shot of it.

100% this.

You're fooling no fucker & it just comes across as a bit desperate. My hairline was always pretty fragile so as soon as it went a bit 'tennis ball' at the temples I shaved it straight off. No looking back.

It would be nice to have more choice, though. I've seen one other style than the completely shaved look that bald men can do, and it's the one that Mark Strong rocked in that episode of Sharpe he was in, where he had it cropped to about a 2 or 3, with some awesome cheekbone-framing sidies. Unfortunately, typically of my luck, I just can't grow sidies.

If you want a coot haircut which is off Sharpe, get the Obadiah Hakeswill.

That's actually not too dissimilar to Mark Strong's Colonel Brand. Hakeswill's hair's a lot shorter though - more about the sidies, which means I can't do it.

I refuse to believe a man in his late 30s can not grow resplendent sideboards.

It is difficult to believe, and trust me - annoying too. I've not been blessed with the most co-operative of facial hair. My beard (as the more generous might call it) grows in patches, so I have to stick to stubble. Sideburns just won't even show up, so there's a gap of about a centimetre between my facial hair and my side hairline. I've tried shaving the area to encourage it to grow, but no joy.

Edited by Carbomb

IF you recede at both front and back, I think you can get away with the sort of super-short-at-sides thing you're talking about.

If you get a bald patch only though, ala Cena, there really are no decent options apart from wearing a hat for ever, ala Phillipe Massa.