Grub's Up

tiger_rick

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we're being fancy then to start i'd have the Scotch Egg i had at the Tiny Rebel brewery tap that time, hot scotch egg with a runny yolk with a bit of Rocket.

moving on to main i'd be the cottage pie, chips, mushy peas and gravy that they used to sell in the Bull & Bladder for £2.50*

for mybit on the side? well it's cheating in a way but if i'm at the Bull & Bladder i'd have a cheese & onion cob to nibble at throughout the afternoon (they're huge)

pudding? well there won't be much room for pudding but i'd be able to put away a few pieces of toast with Ardennes pate.

to drink?  Tiny Rebel Marshmallow Porter with the Scotch Egg (when in Rome...) then Bathams Best BItter of course (moving to Woodford Reserve Rye Old Fashioneds after three pints, i cant drink the volume these days) 

*don't go there looking for the cottage pie these days, they got a new manager in last year and the food has changed, they still do the ace cobs but the hot selection is rubbish, pukke type pies with chips and mash and it's gone up to £3! and you have to pay extra if you want gravy!

Archived