Grub's Up

tiger_rick

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a single Luther burger, so one ring doughnut cut in half like a bagel, one patty with bacon and cheese. The glaze was on the inside and the doughnut had been grilled. The little bit of sweetness with the saltiness of bacon was pleasant, but I don't think a double would that nice. Just overly sweet and far too greasy.

• Paid Members

Good thread, although the idea of spanakopita with gravy on it is nuts.

STARTER

I remember being starving hungry when I was about ten, and we were on holiday in France — we stopped in at a place that did a three course pancake dinner, with the starter being a breakfast crepe. Waffer thin crepe, with crumbled sausage and bacon, and then a double fried egg on top. Probably isn't as nice as I remember, but situationally it was about the best thing ever.

MAIN

The extra rare steak I had at a fish restaurant at Epcot in 1998. Don't know what made me have steak in a seafood place, but it was perfect.

SIDE

It's steak, so I'm having a big pile of double fried chips, some buttery french bread, and a big fat greek salad with the vine leaves, feta, and olives.

DESSERT

This bugger, made with chocolate and cinnamon babkas from Kossars.

DRINK

The One and Only

ds-1224-cy.jpg.90b07c529888d9804f797f21b5e848a2.jpg

• Paid Members

Starter

I'll be having duck confit, with a red wine reduction and green beans. I remember having this the first time I went to the South of France and it started off a cooking love affair with the region that hasn't ended. 

Main

2 lbs of Cajun Snow Crab in A Bag

No, it isn't a Tom Waits song, it's what I ate at the Holly Crab in Boston. In fact, I went there fore a second time before flying back home last March so I could buy the exact same thing again. 2 lbs of fresh crab legs from New England, boiled in a bag with an ocean of butter, garlic and Cajun spices. One of the best hours of my life, look how happy I am in this picture.

image.png.b0713ede3fbc268af7b14f930688cfcb.png

Dessert

A fucking ginormous platter of French and Swiss cheese which I made after spending all of my money at Fromageries when I was last in France. Camembert, Brie de Meaux, Reblochon, Gruyere, Comte and a bunch more. It was phenomenal. 

image.png.ed9f2d169fabcb122e06ab55cfd57560.png

Drink

The pint of Wolf Rock IPA I drank after the last half marathon I did when it was about 90 degrees out. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Congratulations, Gus!  That's the most Tory post on here since SpursRIP became a potato wog to avoid not being an EU national!

No joke. I originally prefaced that post with 'Hi, Gus here, with the most Tory post in this thread yet' before deleting it. Plus, Loki hasn't posted yet. 

I can't recommend crab in a bag enough. Holly Crab is the best I've been to, but if you can get it anywhere, go for it. 

Archived