The Tampon Spot

SBD

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was gross, but I also think deathmatch stuff is pretty gross and I’m not losing my mind over that and loudly proclaiming that it’s setting men’s wrestling back twenty years.  I also quickly figured out she didn’t ACTUALLY pull a bloody tampon from her ACTUAL vagina and ACTUALLY stuff it in another wrestler’s mouth, which it seemed most people didn’t...

The reaction to it on Twitter has been utterly insane, and I did feel pretty sorry for her from the point of view that it got about a million times more attention than it should have and guys like fucking JR were falling over themselves to stick the boot in (while simultaneously condemning it as embarrassing for the business and publicising it to an ever wider audience)...

• Paid Members

I actually watched this spot unprepared the other day, other than knowing it had caused a bit of uproar. I was expecting something ala Martina the Moth as previously mentioned, but I wasn't expecting this. Completely took me by surprise and one of those moments in wrestling where my face did a genuine reaction. Proper gross moment.

Absolutely brilliant.

I've just seen this on Facebook and I thought it was quite funny. It's obviously planned out and she had a jam rag soaked in Tizer hidden in her knickers beforehand. Some of the comments were horrendously chauvinistic.

I do think a lot of it was from men who think that girls should be pure and virginal. Instead of the fact they have to put up with periods from being an early teenager right into their 40s. It was honestly nowhere near as bad as Jerry Sadowitz pulling out offal and throwing it into the crowd as part of his act.

I really don't see the problem with this. She sells the removal of the tampon amazingly. 

I'm also going to have to ask why people are saying it exposes the business? I mean what adult thinks this is a real sport these days? Only kids think it is and this spot was on a show not aimed at them. 

I'm sorry but the fact that she shouts, ”D'ya wanna piece of me!?”, before rummaging downstairs tips this over into absolute genius for me.

Hasn't part of Priscilla's gimmick been that she's kind of filthy for ages? That said anyone who has watched any sort of wrestling consistently in the last 20 years shouldn't be shocked by this but those outside the bubble are probably right to be shocked. 

Your JR's and Road Dogg's can fuck right off though. I'm of a mind that some folks are feigning outrage for the sake of PR. Tessa Blanchard jumping on this just seemed to be judgement as brand management in much the same way that the WWE undercard dogpiled Meltzer.

3 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Your JR's and Road Dogg's can fuck right off though. I'm of a mind that some folks are feigning outrage for the sake of PR. Tessa Blanchard jumping on this just seemed to be judgement as brand management in much the same way that the WWE undercard dogpiled Meltzer.

I'm a paranoid old man but I wonder how many of the undercard are 'advised' that discrediting Meltz and outrageous spots like this one would be good for them much like they were 'advised' about roids back in the day?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

Hasn't part of Priscilla's gimmick been that she's kind of filthy for ages? That said anyone who has watched any sort of wrestling consistently in the last 20 years shouldn't be shocked by this but those outside the bubble are probably right to be shocked. 

Yep. She gained some infamy a few years ago in similar viral video fashion when she rubbed...'herself'...against her opponent's own groin. But that got a very "COORRRR!! LOOK AT THAT, LADS!" reaction from the male gaze, because it's totally lezzers, innit. 

It was a spot at an over-21's show where the wrestlers had to be more creative and experimental. I think everyone at that show isn't walking into the venue with any allusions of pro wrestling being a legitimate sporting contest so the wrestlers should be able to have some fun with the format.

• Paid Members
On 1/7/2019 at 6:08 AM, bAzTNM#1 said:

Nothing worse than seeing Road Dogg with his wee corporate shirt and tie combo on one of those WWE DVD releases. Right up their arse now.

I prefer his earlier drugged up shoot interview work personally, you know, the ones where he was calling Triple H a cunt.

On 1/7/2019 at 6:08 AM, bAzTNM#1 said:

Nothing worse than seeing Road Dogg with his wee corporate shirt and tie combo on one of those WWE DVD releases. Right up their arse now.

I'm hoping that the skit on the E&C Show where Dogg is begging for a push in 2018 is based on a true story.

23 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

I'm also going to have to ask why people are saying it exposes the business? I mean what adult thinks this is a real sport these days? Only kids think it is and this spot was on a show not aimed at them. 

I'm not aiming this at that spot particularly but the argument 'we all know it's fake anyway' irks me a little.
Yes, we do - does that mean it should be performed as such?
It's that tired old argument - we all know films aren't real, we all know soaps and reality shows aren't real yet I would imagine if it were exposed to us while the movie, TV show etc was taking place it would hinder our enjoyment of it a little. Yes, wrestling is not a film but it is a performance.

It's almost like it's become 'Don't insult our intelligence by even trying to pretend that this is real' instead of 'we know it's not real but we are going to suspend our disbelief and lose ourselves in the moment'

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

It's almost like it's become 'Don't insult our intelligence by even trying to pretend that this is real' instead of 'we know it's not real but we are going to suspend our disbelief and lose ourselves in the moment'

I don't think you need to convince people it's real to suspend their disbelief, you just need to be consistent. I've written on here about CHIKARA doing angles where they were literally killing off wrestlers - nobody in the audience ever genuinely believed a wrestler had been killed, but they were still invested in the story, because the storytelling was consistent, and it had internal logic.

There's a story on Ophidian's podcast about how he used his hypnosis spot in a Royal Rumble for PCW, and Sweet Saraya refused to take part in it because it was too gimmicky. So everyone is hypnotised and dancing, until Saraya hits the ring, and she just low blows Ophidian to put a stop to it all.

The problem with that is that everyone else was buying into it. On the podcast, Ophidian's wife says, "now I just want to know what's so special about Saraya that makes her immune to hypnosis!". 

10 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I don't think you need to convince people it's real to suspend their disbelief, you just need to be consistent. I've written on here about CHIKARA doing angles where they were literally killing off wrestlers - nobody in the audience ever genuinely believed a wrestler had been killed, but they were still invested in the story, because the storytelling was consistent, and it had internal logic.

There's a story on Ophidian's podcast about how he used his hypnosis spot in a Royal Rumble for PCW, and Sweet Saraya refused to take part in it because it was too gimmicky. So everyone is hypnotised and dancing, until Saraya hits the ring, and she just low blows Ophidian to put a stop to it all.

The problem with that is that everyone else was buying into it. On the podcast, Ophidian's wife says, "now I just want to know what's so special about Saraya that makes her immune to hypnosis!". 

I agree about consistency but the problem is those examples are not consistent with what virtually everyone else in wrestling does.
If it was agreed or accepted that, in wrestling, people could be killed - no problem. It's accepted that if you shoot someone into the ropes, they will bounce off and run back towards you.
If a massive dragon suddenly turned up and torched the Rovers in Corrie everyone would go 'C'mon, that's bullshit!' because that is not the reality they have created. In Game of Thrones, no-one bats an eyelid if a massive dragon shows up because that is the reality that has been created by them. It's what has been sold to the audience.

Wrestling has been sold as a fight. Wrestling fans, and wrestlers, will accept some lapses in logic if the overall presentation is within the parameters of the reality that has been created. 'We know they're not REALLY fighting but we are going to go along with it'. It's when hypnosis and things that are so far outside the realms of what has been sold as believable start creeping in that people like myself start going 'Yeah... not for me, thanks...'

Archived