The Tampon Spot

SBD

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It’s the fact he says something stupid, everyone then tells him he has said something stupid, then he automatically tends to reply with shite like, “I count my blessings with the help of god each and every day to be stronger” etc. 

He just comes across as one of those lot (HBK) who is embarrassed and scared of shit he’s done over the last 20 years, so thinks mentioning God enough will be sound.

That is the trouble with all the born again brigade in wrestling. They have lived such excessive lives and done some truly awful things that someone telling them that if they learn to externalise the blame they can be forgiven. 

Frankly I would be surprised if half of them can look in the mirror and really stand the sight of their own refelction, particularly Shawn, Sexy Boy he is not. 

• Paid Members

Session Moth has been a similar spot for a couple of years now, only she pulls a used johnny out of her kegs and uses it for a Mandible Claw. Weird how one gained this much traction over the other. 

We also have to look at the situation; by all accounts this was one those kooky little shows where the matches are done without a ring and the night serves as a dual punk/hardcore gig and in-between bands you have a  match between some indy names. So it's just a fun spot to do in lieu of not having a traditional pro-wrestling set up. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Session Moth has been a similar spot for a couple of years now, only she pulls a used johnny out of her kegs and uses it for a Mandible Claw. Weird how one gained this much traction over the other. 

Yeah, but she’s one of the Laaads isn’t she. 🙄

I love Moth, I think she has a really fun character and she’s incredibly sound. I think the issue is a rubber is usually associated with ‘lad craic’ where as a tampon is purely for women, so it’s obviously taboo. That’s how it seems at least anyway. I really feel sorry for Priscilla. Hopefully enough promotions see the outcome of this as a draw and she gets a shit load of bookings.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

She’s already released a T shirt.

With proceeds going to a charity to buy sanitary products for women in the developing world who can't afford/access them. Fair play to her.

As for the spot, it's not something I'd particularly like to see become a regular bit of schtick, but it's no worse than any number of other gross-out spots, and if the argument against it is the Cornette "EXPOSING THE BUSINESS" argument, it's not even on the same level as Joey Ryan's penis-plex schtick.

At the end of the day, it got over, and she's going to get bookings off the back of it. That's the goal.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure how it could possibly expose the business, it's a completely logical gross-out spot- like the stink face. The People's Elbow on the other hand, is not logical- unless Rock's shitty spinebuster is the most destructive move in wrestling. Same applies with Scottie Too Hottie's facebuster to set up the worm. Those moves expose the business (but who cares anyway).

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm not sure how it could possibly expose the business, it's a completely logical gross-out spot- like the stink face. The People's Elbow on the other hand, is not logical- unless Rock's shitty spinebuster is the most destructive move in wrestling. Same applies with Scottie Too Hottie's facebuster to set up the worm. Those moves expose the business (but who cares anyway).

Exactly. And some people are arguing that it's inappropriate or whatever, but it's a one-off spot (though probably will get repeated plenty of times now) on a 21+ show, so whatever. It's far less embarrassing than Rikishi doing the stink-face on TV when you're watching with your Dad. And probably less embarrassing than half the stuff the WWF had women doing from '98 through to about 2006, in that it at least gives Priscilla agency rather than assuming all women want to get naked, want to strip their opponents naked, and are uncontrollably attracted to Vince McMahon.

The People's Elbow is one of those odd things in wrestling, where the whole point of it initially was that it was a big, grandiose show-off heel move. It was supposed to be ridiculous. But fast forward just a year or two, and you have Jim Ross freaking out on commentary that "NOBODY EVER KICKS OUT OF THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW!"

I've probably told this story before, but my favourite thing about the Worm is that Joe E. Legend told me he once asked Scotty 2 Hotty what the move actually was at the end of the Worm, whether it was a chop to the throat, a fist drop, a front elbow drop, or whatever. Scotty apparently replied, "I have no idea".

Unfollowed Road Dogg for my own sanity years ago, but has anyone seen him during that JBL interview he did on the Network? I don't know if it happened just after Rockabilly got let go for pounding the roids into his arse, but it'd explain a lot if it was. It's supposed to be a fun talk between two mates who know each other but there's a point where Road Dogg just stops breathing out and it has all the lightness of a fucking parole hearing or an Everton manager who's clearly on the way out after two months. Guy just seems to keep repeating things to the effect of

"I am OFF the Charles and ANYONE who says otherwise is a LIAR and a SMACKHEAD"

Proper job interview vibe.

Archived