Who do people say you look like?

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

When I was much younger I once played cricket at Radcliffe On Trent CC in a pre season friendly. On the wall were pictures of various people playing there over the years. One of the pictures was of a young Harry Secombe. For the rest of the season I was called Harry. It must be said I did look like him. 

A few years later there was a picture of me playing cricket in the local paper as part of the weekly cricket round up that they did. This came out on the Saturday. I turned up to play on the Sunday to find said picture on the changing room wall with the caption "Come play for Rustons, it's so bracing" Now if you don't know, which I'm sure the vast majority of you don't, "Come to Skegness, it's so bracing" is an advertising slogan used by Skegness along with what is I  suppose is the town mascot, The Jolly Fisherman. I wasn't that old but I have to admit there was an air of that about the picture. 

jolly-james.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Either that, or half the people on this board actually do resemble Ross Noble; a frightening thought.

Way back when, back in my early 20's and when I had lovely long hair and all was right with the world, I actually went to a Ross Noble gig as I used to be a bit of a fan. Unbeknownst to me, a friend of mine was also there and she slipped Ross a photo of myself during that whole 'leave random shite on the stage for Ross to chat about' part.

So colour me fuckless when he gets to the photo, reads the back ("My mate looks like you lol" or something else related to 2010) and shows it off to the crowd and it's a photo of myself, topless and very drunk, at the local dive club.

"Oh fuck, that's me" I spluttered through my fingers, as my hands threw themselves over my face in horror. 

Ross went on to say ,"Yeah, I guess he looks like me...If I were a heroin addict".

• Paid Members

Despite being white I always get that I look like Will Smith or Barrack Obama. 

It's the ears with Smith and my mouth for Obama. 

What makes everyone the racist is then when they agree that I look like Curious George.

Alex Kidd was the bane of my existence when younger and I got sick and bloody tired of being asked to play Paper, Scissors, Stone. (It was always that as a kid Rock, Paper, Scissors is American) 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

Alex Kidd was the bane of my existence when younger and I got sick and bloody tired of being asked to play Paper, Scissors, Stone. (It was always that as a kid Rock, Paper, Scissors is American) 

Was that on account of having a fist half the size of your own body, or travelling everywhere by pedal-powered helicopter?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Was that on account of having a fist half the size of your own body, or travelling everywhere by pedal-powered helicopter?

It's the ears, it's all about my bastarding ears. 

• Moderators

I'm still basking in the glory of someone calling me 'Indian George Clooney' about ten years ago because I had salt and pepper hair from a fairly young age.

Other than that I've been compared to a twatty looking radio 1 dj called Nihal. I look fuck all like him but I did change my hairstyle after that one.

Archived