Sign in to follow this  
MPDTT

Crypto Currency

Is anyone on the forum invested in / trading crypto?

Just curious......

No, but I follow every Bitcoin price crash with great interest and glee as everyone I've ever encountered who's invested in it has been a complete prat. 

48 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Is anyone on the forum invested in / trading crypto?

Just curious......

I do, yes. I get paid in crypto for my regular day job, and I've traded it with increasing regularity over the past few months. 

I can choose between either Bitcoin or Ether, but I tend not to leave my money sitting in crypto for too long as the value is volatile as hell and liable to drop or rise by a not inconsiderable amount in a short period of time.

Yeah, it goes right into my Euro account as soon as it hits my crypto wallet. I don't mind speculating with funds I have set aside for such matters, but when it comes to rent and food money, not a chance!

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

No, but I follow every Bitcoin price crash with great interest and glee as everyone I've ever encountered who's invested in it has been a complete prat. 

That would be a summary of my 2018.....lost a fair whack

52 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Some talk here in one of the threads of the year for dolts.

How was this not nominated for thread of the year? I’ve just had a right old chuckle at some of the comments in here, not least Kats “Shut up Shanks, we’re talking about time travel now” 

1 minute ago, MPDTT said:

That would be a summary of my 2018.....lost a fair whack

Sorry to hear that mate. Did you buy in at the top of the market? I hope you weren't unbearably smug about how you were about to make millions when it was riding high. It's a good lesson on investment, when tech bros on twitter , people in pubs and cab drivers all talking about an investment as if it's easy money, you know the bubble is about to burst.

Just now, Your Fight Site said:

:crazy:

It does sound like a great way of avoiding the daylight robbery known as income tax!