Biggest busts

Jacko

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nathan Jones was my first thought. Those vignettes introducing him as a former inmate for armed robbery, this giant freak of nature were some of the best I think they ever did. And not only was he total shit, but they brought him in as a babyface sidekick for Taker in a decision I'll never understand. He was fucked either way, but they didn't him in in a way that would get the most out of him to start.

22 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Nathan Jones was my first thought. Those vignettes introducing him as a former inmate for armed robbery, this giant freak of nature were some of the best I think they ever did. And not only was he total shit, but they brought him in as a babyface sidekick for Taker in a decision I'll never understand. He was fucked either way, but they didn't him in in a way that would get the most out of him to start.

I remember watching this and I had no idea who Nathan Jones was but they had me sold. I was totally convinced he was going to be a huge deal.

I was dreading his run in TNA in 08 that never ended up happening.

• Paid Members

Ahmed Johnson.

01D53491-E250-4A5F-B3B1-F4095556A936.jpeg.b561496838738b375b0282f4c7be6e6f.jpeg

I loved the big daft bastard. I loved his look, his rants, his intensity. As a face singles run he was smashing it and I really thought he’d get a main event run. We got two solid building up years out of him since his debut, including him finding his feet for at least half of that. Until summer of 97, he was mint.

F5109389-A47B-4478-A856-0AF5D3E288B4.jpeg.6b3481ca7f9cadfe74eeeca8ea4dd34a.jpeg

It quickly spiralled when he turned on taker, joined the Nation as a heel, and got injured, the bellend. Then he fucked off to WCW and changed his name to Big T and put Scott Steiners arms on the wrong way around.

47DE0DAB-1BF0-4817-A19B-C0D718671604.jpeg.784c6fe43b0d583f4a1c1151054e616e.jpeg

Now he’s a fish cake away from a heart attack, poor lad.

23E89CD9-AC79-40DE-8201-9B260A60BF69.jpeg.1683ffb9266973de47da49ab5f0bd9b2.jpeg

Turning him in 98 was a travesty and indeed a bust. More of a career bust than an immediate bust granted.

"Dr Death" Steve Williams has got to be up there.  He was a huge star internationally, and the WWE brought him in with a lot of pomp, including creating the Brawl For All tournament specifically to get him over.

He was meant to get HHH's push in '99. Imagine how different wrestling history would have been if he'd not left and Trips hadn't got that spot.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, King of Hamptons said:

Tensi? Matt bloom was ok in the mid card as Prince Albert and I really liked T&A.. THEN He went off to Japan and was a huge success as Giant Bernard .. It all went down hill from there when he came back to the WWE. 

I never went much for Albert with one exception, A-Train. No idea why but I enjoyed him as a mid card heel and fixer sort and didn't mind him floating about for once. 

Same for big Vis, his Daddy V run was fun lower & mid card heel stuff, it's just a shame we had to go through 95's regal year and 99's contact lenses and leather jacket run of shite, never mind the silk pajamas and unwanted advances to Lillian period, to get there. 

Archived