Let's all hate Piers Morgan

Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

It's been really funny* watching my dad, who has talked at length in the past about how much he despises Morgan, trying to rationalize how great he is because he loves The Trumpster. Similar for Clarkson, who he claimed to despise (had a great story about a near punch-up with Jeremy by the Trent over filming vs. fishing) until he hit that bloke — said he thinks all Irish people should get a punch, and he deserved it for bringing Clarkson a salad. You could slip anything into the Mail, my dad would believe it.

*depressing

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The commentary that goes with this clip on one DVD is good too. By all accounts he sent people around Hislops village trying to get dirt on him to score points in the paper and genuinely believed he was above everyone else in the room. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Reminds me of a video I saw recently of a fella being ejected from the boxing. The guy in question was wearing a Union Jack waistcoat, which is what the owner of the video claimed is the reason for him being chucked out.

Absolutely nothing to do with him being drunk and giving staff grief before dropping his trousers and taking a shit in the corridor.

The guy wasn't kicked out. They were after his top and security left when he gave it to them.

2 minutes ago, W35ty said:

The guy wasn't kicked out. They were after his top and security left when he gave it to them.

I spoke to someone who worked the event and they said he was ejected for being abusive to staff, and for shitting in a corridor. 

I'm not saying for sure either way, as I wasn't there, I'm just going on what someone who worked the event told me. 

Saying that, considering it was a Northern Irish boxer fighting an Englishman you can understand why a Union Jack waistcoat may be considered provocative considering the history of Northern Ireland.

That hasn't stopped the "can't even fly our own flag in our own country any more in case it offends Muslims" crowd.

He's a horrible right-wing twat who also plays the part of a horrible right-wing twat on media.

The sad thing is, he's not a bad interviewer when he occasionally drops the act.  Some of his work in America was actually quite good but he wore out his welcome there.

How he avoided criminal prosecution for his part in phone-hacking I'll never understand.  Unfortunately he's part of that set that do seem genuinely untouchable in terms of liability for their actions, which is an unpleasant facet of our society.

I watched the video that night and he didn't upload it. Someone else from behind filmed it and they uploaded it to facebook but the page it was uploaded to added the description "kicked out".

The video clearly shows security trying to take his top and then walking off when they got it. The guy filming then spoke to the bloke. People were commenting that he wasn't kicked out so it must be click bait.

The guy himself has said he was kicked out;

"They told me to leave, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It's ridiculous.

"I just kept saying no. I kept telling them to stop touching me - I told them they had no right but they just got more staff."

Mr Baxter says he was met by police officers after he was dragged outside at around 9pm.

Also, not that it matters to some people, the Manchester Arena have a "No sports colours" policy for any event there.  Given the international nature of the card, and looking at the sensitivity of the Union Flag and an Ulsterman fighting, they extended this rule to include no national colours for the event.  This information was given at the point of purchase for tickets and ticket holders were reminded of this policy via email prior to the event as well as when they bought the tickets.

A man ignored this rule and request, was abusive to staff, exposed his genitals to the ring girls between rounds and took a dump in the corridor. But that doesn't make for a story for people to exploit. 

It's a case of social media being shit. The actual headline would be "Drunk arsehole kicked out of event for being a drunk arsehole." The Daily Mail/far Right/UKIP headline becomes. "Brave patriot who supports our lads in Afghanistan is ejected from event for singing God Save the Queen too loudly whilst shedding a tear for the memory of Princess Diana."

Archived