Let's all hate Piers Morgan

Mr_Danger

A one stop shop for Piers Morgan hate.

I hate the man with a passion. Back when I did socials I used to find myself writing disgusting tweets at him about how much of a twat he is before I'd realise I'm not a total internet weirdo and delete it before sending.

I work early so don't see him tainting beautiful Sue but two people who start later than me, brexit loving 40 something's absolutely adore him. They big him up as some sort of people's champion and he pretty much represents most of their views and thoughts. Today, they were both outraged about some James Bulger film and one of them remarked that they can't wait for Piers to come back and put them straight , to which I replied "Probably not the best person to ask about dead children". I got a plain expression then a reconciliation of "Oh they were all at it".

I wear headphones without any music playing sometimes so I don't have to speak to them.

I do enjoy hating that twat Morgan though, so spread the hate!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

, to which I replied "Probably not the best person to ask about dead children". I got a plain expression then a reconciliation of "Oh they were all at it".

That was a different newspaper

1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

I do enjoy hating that twat Morgan though, so spread the hate!

Piers would thank you for that most likely. Much of his personal fortune is built on people hating what he says enough to actually give a shit.

My dislike for Morgan began when he put a load of Arsenal fans in the paper and said they were hooligans running amok in Copenhagen. These guys lost their jobs over that. Turns out they were just fans there and were doing nothing. He 'apologised' years later and still defends himself by saying 'I apologised' like that makes a difference. I ignore him mainly. His job now is as a professional wind up hiding behind the 'PC GONE MAD' nonsense. I doubt he believes most of what he spouts. 

• Paid Members

I wonder if the likes of Piers Morgan, Katie Hopkins and Adrian Durham have ever formed an actual opinion for themselves, as opposed to spewing absolute bile in an attempt to drum up controversy to line their pockets. 

Piers in particular though is in a class all by himself. If HG ever starts another UKFF Twat List then it's essentially between Morgan and Trump for the top spot. Phone hacking cunt!

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Do you think Piers will ever get to the point where he's being routinely de-platformed and made bankrupt like a Hopkins or a Milo? Or is he too savvy to actually cuddle with fascists in public?

He's been in the business too long to fall for that. He knows where the line is, knows what the letter of the law is, and has more legitimate credentials to fall back on than just being a professional troll, whereas your Milos and Hopkinses have nothing else, so they have to keep pushing the envelope until it inevitably gets pushed too far.

I can't imagine Morgan being in the position where he'll eventually say something so abhorrent it loses him his cushy job(s). And, in a way, that's worse, because he's the normalising filter by which the worst of this dreck reaches the masses. 

He has always been a prick.  Even before social media he was detested and rightly so, but he knows which buttons to press and when to press them.  Look at the drone over Gatwick, he didn't out and out say "These people have ruined Christmas", he asked if they had and then apologised for it.  He knows libel law and the limits of journalism.  Yes he's horrible but the social media is well managed to both infuriate and to kayfabe his presenter character.

If he doesn't get the bites on Twitter, he'll still be in well paid jobs, he just won't have the satisfaction of being a professional troll on Twitter.

• Awards Moderator
29 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

I wonder if the likes of Piers Morgan, Katie Hopkins and Adrian Durham have ever formed an actual opinion for themselves, as opposed to spewing absolute bile in an attempt to drum up controversy to line their pockets. 

Piers in particular though is in a class all by himself. If HG ever starts another UKFF Twat List then it's essentially between Morgan and Trump for the top spot. Phone hacking cunt!

Only made #7 on the most recent list (2016). But, was one of only 7 people (and Oliver) to get a ranked number on that list - the rest were just 'made the list' in no particular order.

8 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I know Morgan is a troll. But the number of people who agree with him and see him as some sort of voice of reason terrifies me.

But he's only saying what everyone is thinking by saying things you aren't allowed to say anymore.  You can get arrested for saying you're English these days.

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

You can get arrested for saying you're English these days.

Reminds me of a video I saw recently of a fella being ejected from the boxing. The guy in question was wearing a Union Jack waistcoat, which is what the owner of the video claimed is the reason for him being chucked out.

Absolutely nothing to do with him being drunk and giving staff grief before dropping his trousers and taking a shit in the corridor.

Archived