2019 Daisy-Pushing Thread

Gus Mears

• Awards Moderator

Aw that's sad. Really nice that he was too poorly to do the recent films but was involved as Chewbacca consultant regardless. Proper gentle giant. 

Fuck's sake that's another one from the original films gone, Chewie has always been one of my favorite SW characters because of Mr Mayhew, was great that he got to pass the knowledge of the role on for the newer films. As the Wookies probably say 'uughguughhhghghghhhgh hnnnhrrhhhraaaaaahhgh'

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Fuck's sake that's another one from the original films gone,

He was over 200 years old. That's good innings, even for a Wookie.

That's a sad one. There's nothing nicer than being at a convention and seeing adults lose their minds when they see someone in a proper movie quality Chewbacca costume, just a character that everybody seems to love. I got to sit in a replica of the Millenium Falcon cockpit once and was offered the option of sitting in Han or Chewie's seat. You always go Chewie. 

• Paid Members

Heard he was an absolute bastard to be fair. There was one story where he met up with the son he hadnt seen in years and it ended with Freddie dropping him with a right hand. He was in I'm A Celebrity and had to leave after a day because he felt like shit (he'd just eat a cock and half a bollock to be fair.)

• Paid Members

A mate of mine is TV archivist and has an incredible collection of shitty TV. He once showed me The Sun TV Awards 1976, hosted by Freddie Starr. His 10 minute routine at the top was so excruciating I thought I was going to pass out. It had everything; racism, singing, painfully bad physical comedy, racism.

Met him once in Skegness I think it was, years ago now, probably 15 years. Was actually quite a nice bloke, he’d just done a stand up set which a lot had gone over my head as I wasn’t that old at the time, but met him at meet and greet afterwards and he was really friendly posing for photos and stuff.

Obviously there’s tons of horror stories I imagine but my encounter was a positive one