DEFIANT Wrestling - PAC vs Starr

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Let’s chat Defiant. They have officially announced 2 shows for 2019 so far including their ‘Unstoppable’ show in Manchester on February 9th.

They will however be starting the year in Newcastle for their ‘Loaded’ recording on January 5th. This will feature the homecoming of PAC who will be taking on David Starr.

Mr video nasty Rory Coyle will be trading a kicking with Joe Hendry and BT Gunn will be facing off against Lucky Kid.

The other amazing talent confirmed so far includes:

Lana Austin, Prinate, Rampage, Gabriel Kidd, Martin Kirby, John Klinger, Kanji, Anti-Fun Police and more TBC.

Grapple Arcade have a free ticket to giveaway for this event. Details available at https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1080464747693260800

We’ll be regular attendees at the upcoming Defiant (Newcastle) events and will be posting info.

Anyone else planning to check out either of the shows mentioned above? I’m really looking forward to PAC vs Starr. Should be brilliant.

6C1664CD-DACA-4E0C-B903-6F4D8DC3FB4E.jpeg

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I'll be there on Saturday. Taking the GF and my housemates, none of whom have been a a wrestling show before. I really hope it's not shit...

Their last couple of shows in Newcastle were very good. Be prepared though, the bar is very shit & very expensive.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

I haven’t been to any events after they changed the name. Is it still the same content (i.e. What Culture personalities interacting with wrestlers)? Or is it now more wrestling-focused?

Hugely more wrestling focused. There was no silly bollocks at the last couple of shows. I wasn’t a fan of the WCPW format at all. Defiant are running it very differently on face value at least, no ‘personalities’ so to speak. It has a similar vibe to NGW in my opinion.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I've been to a few before, none in the last year though. Interesting to see what the turn out is like without a bunch of big names/imports (besides PAC of course) filling the bill.

At the Ringnasters tournament I’d guess there was around 250 each night. That was a Monday & Tuesday evening.

This is a Saturday night with PAC on the card. I think it will be a busy one. 

I tend to go to shows with 3 different groups. My old pals from school (around 6 of us), my radio/grapple arcade team (around 5 of us) and some university pals. All 3 groups are planning to be there, along with numerous, regular local wrestling & grapple arcade attendee folks. I’m really looking forward to it as you can probably tell.

• Paid Members
Just now, CL Punk said:

Pac vs. David Starr was very good and yeah, the bar was expensive (I think I paid £3.50 for a Pepsi).

Yep, that was how much it was. That place is rip off for drinks. 

Pac vs Starr was good, overall a very good nights entertainment. 

Couple of things I'd love to bleat out now, but spoilers and that. 

• Paid Members

From what I understand, events will be at Northumbria Uni going forward. Student bar prices.

Won’t post results for obvious reasons, but a few very interesting things set up going forward. Considering there was a a fucking plethora of matches, I’d only say 1, maybe 2 were let downs. But other than those, very solid, with a couple of absolute gems.

Soooo happy to see PAC back on the scene like. He was bloody mint, as expected.

15F8017E-50F3-4708-B887-EE70F8BACD4A.png

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Really enjoyed it, as did my non-wrestling guests. Great reaction for PAC and interesting seeing a couple of guys work a different style than I'm used to seeing from them. Only real downers were the women's matches, Kanji is athletic but has the charisma of beige wallpaper.

From what I’ve seen of her, she’d be a good heel with a manager mouth piece. Somewhat of a Baszler character, but with a mouth piece. I think she has a lot of potential.

Roxxy just needs more time. Her character (in other north east promotions) is a turned up version of what you saw last night. Her character is solid, and she had a really good match with the experienced Viper recently. Needs more experienced opponents.

The other women’s match I won’t go in to because of spoilers, but very odd booking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived