Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I haven't seen any of it aside from the pig fucking one, which was alright, and the new one, which was stupid.

Anyone else had a go at it? I gave up after the second time it made me talk about my mum. Bollocks to it. I kept having him say no to stuff. The main plot isn't very interesting anyway so I probably wouldn't have persevered with it, interaction or not.

Will Poulter's a class actor though.

• Moderators

I like it a lot as a show in general. There are a few episodes that were a miss for me but on the whole it's pretty solid and when it's at its best it's fantastic. Neither of the episodes you've seen are the show at its best Devon so I would advise you to not read your own thread if there are going to be spoilers in here and go watch some other episodes. I'm sure someone with a good handle on your tastes could recommend some particular ones to you.

I enjoyed the new one as a gimmick but it's definitely not something I feel the need for more of.

Edit: I didn't know who will poulter was so I went and checked and yes, he was indeed the best thing about the new one. 

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

The new one got a bit tiresome after a bit, packed it in after about half an hour. Might go back to it at the weekend as my GF wants to have a go.

Still love Black Mirror though. Shut Up and Dance, White Bear, San Junipero and the Christmas episode are all excellent. Out of them all, the only weak ones coming to mind are Fifteen Million Merits and Hang the DJ. Hoping for another full length season. The consciousness trapped in something else needs a rest though, was way overdone on that last season.

Edited by Wretch

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

The new one got a bit tiresome after a bit, packed it in after about half an hour. Might go back to it at the weekend as my GF wants to have a go.

Still love Black Mirror though. Shut Up and Dance, White Bear, San Junipero and the Christmas episode are all excellent. Out of them all, the only weak ones coming to mind are Fifteen Million Merits and Hang the DJ. Hoping for another full length season. The consciousness trapped in something else needs a rest though, was way overdone on that last season.

Nobody seems to like Fifteen Million Merits but it was definitely my favourite of the first season and might be in my top 5 overall. I can't quite put my finger on why but I got really into the world of that episode.