How was 2018 for you?

garynysmon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A lot of sad stuff here, really hope it improves for you all.

Apart from the fucknuts who keep posting THAT picture, whom i wish piles the size, shape and texture of pineapples on.

2018 has been unexpectedly great for me. I started the year making redundancies and knowing I'd be losing my own role in February, not knowing if I'd find a decent role. As it happens I got a 70k leaving package, started a new job 2 weeks later, used the money to buy a house In South London with my wife and then found an even better job in September in the City that gives me global responsibility. In the last few months my father dodged a bullet with lung cancer that was caught in stage 1 and removed. Finally I fell back in love with pro wrestling again in a way I haven't since above 2010. I have nothing but positive vibes for 2018 and hope 2019 isn't the cluster fuck I expect it to be. #peoplesvote #killbrexit

The year has been so awful for so many of us I really do believe this year will make up for it and be so many people's year 

I truly hope so and I'm actually so glad we could all speak out snd be honest without ridicule 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Thunderplex said:

Apart from the fucknuts who keep posting THAT picture, whom i wish piles the size, shape and texture of pineapples on.

Happy Woooo Year, Plex...

C7B04522-0895-410B-9720-94A9ABC35833.gif

A weird year, but I think all of the negatives have been outweighed by the positivities, so I’ll look back upon 2018 with happy emotions.

I broke up with my girlfriend at the beginning of the year, but proceeded to meet a wonderful girl who I’m completely in love with through University in September. I had a cracking week spent in Zante with some great friends, and I’ve got 5 weeks of travelling to look forward to in the Summer. My first year of Uni is going swimmingly, passed my first assignment and begin my first professional practice placement in a few weeks. Met up with my Dad after four/five years of having nothing to do with him, and have arranged another meeting in the early stages of 2019. Managed to get to a few wrestling shows live, and have already got a decent number lined up for this year (Futureshock for my birthday in February, SSS:16 in May, DTTI in April). My Grandad had one health scare which was initially thought to be a stroke, but it wasn’t, and he’s still cracking on with life and being the best bloke I know.

There’s been a few rough patches throughout the year but I can’t complain. My friends and family are all healthy and happy, which is all that matters in the end really.

Hope 2019 is kind to you all. This forum is a fantastic place and I hope it continues.

Up and down. Got my own place again, started having the girls over to stay again, no homelessness, stable employment, decent relationship with ex, saw Spurs beat Chelsea away, went to some awesome gigs.

But MH has nosedived the last month or so. Need to keep an eye rest of winter especially but at least I recognise the warning signs.

Love to you all, I hope this year is excellent to each and every one of you. Genuinely love this place sometimes...

It was a great year for me. Made decent money, enjoyed my job, moved into a great house, got into a branch of philosophy that helped cure all the mental hang ups I've had since I was a kid, stopped being angry about stupid trivial bullshit, became a slightly better person. 2018, I'd like to suck you off. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, MPDTT said:

Finally I fell back in love with pro wrestling again in a way I haven't since above 2010.

I blame Davey Richards - am I right?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, MPDTT said:

??

2010 into 2011 is when I lost interest (permanently in my case) in ROH because of Richards' "forced epic" 7 hour main events, just wondering if it was the same for you.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Agreed, especially for @King Pitcos for being an Overlord fan.

2018 was good for us. We moved into the first place we've genuinely loved living in since I moved out of my parents' 13 years ago. Of course, this is offset with the ongoing terror that the landlord won't renew our lease this year and we'll be looking for another place to live. So January will mostly be filled with terror and pananoia until we find out one way or another. I don't want to put the girls through another house move, especially as the location of where we are now has been perfect for all three of us for so many reasons. My eldest, who is 11, has already had 5 house moves in her life.

Otherwise it was pretty standard. Ate far too much, watched too many films, continued social ineptitude, bored with work, but generally it wasn't bad at all. 2019 will really depend on if we get to stay where we are.

My year was pretty great. Spent the entire year in a job I love. Messing around with guitars all day while listening to BBC 6Music and my favourite podcasts. Went to Holland to see Kamasi Washington in an outdoor amphitheatre for my birthday and got engaged to my lovely when we got back. Had a great Christmas, 6 Christmas lunches.

The only bad stuff that happened was the other half had a bad bout with the darkness that surprisingly took a toll on me because of worry and the like. I nearly had a bit of a breakdown at one point too but we're both ok now.

I also bought way too many records when I should have been saving, but I've pretty much quit drinking these days so it's evening it's self out so I'm not really down anything.

I've bought myself a soldering iron and I'm going to build myself a modular synth from scratch with my spare time in the new year. Put it to good use.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

2010 into 2011 is when I lost interest (permanently in my case) in ROH because of Richards' "forced epic" 7 hour main events, just wondering if it was the same for you.

No, TNA was the only promotion I watched at the time and this was roughly the time when I stopped caring about it. 

Archived