Not seen it

tiger_rick

4 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Most of the shitty post attitude era stuff between 2002-2007, including anything to do with Goldberg, Scott Steiner or the HHH/HBK feud.

This is largely true for me as well. I fell asleep watching WrestleMania X8 before Rock vs Hogan was on, and I've still never seen Triple H vs Jericho. After that, my actual WWE viewing was sporadic for ages. I had no Internet at home (and sometimes had no home), so I'd read recaps in Internet cafes and buy Powerslam and watch shows if I was at a friend's house or if someone would tape something for me. I saw some stuff in 2002, like SummerSlam and No Mercy, and the Billy and Chuck wedding episode of SmackDown. It was similar for the next few years. I bought WrestleMania 21 on WWE.com because my sister hadn't paid the cable bill in time to order it on there, but her Internet was the lowest-speed broadband so I paid $50 to watch it streaming in a quality that was near impossible to make anything out. It was probably 2006 that I started watching regularly again, because of having regular Internet access so I could use torrents and then streaming sites. I bought a PPV in 2007 because I'd just moved into a house with Virgin Media and it was a novelty to see wrestling on TV. It was the one where Edge beat Batista by count-out.

42 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Have to say there are some gems between 02-05 all the classic Eddie stuff and the smackdown tag title matches with rey Edge Eddie chavo and angle and benoit... the post wcw guys trying to fit in and get a spot... Eugene and regal... Rise of randy.. Cena.. Big dave.. The hogan run.. There's a lot of good stuff

It’s mainly an aesthetic thing I think. The attitude era was tolerable because of Rock and Austin and I was the right age for it. I’m gonna sound like a right Bret but I was never one for the crudeness, misogyny, crass humour etc. The edginess felt real desperate by this point. Retrospectively, I’ve never had much problem going back and watching Benoit, but all the needless unprotected chair shots on top of everything else are unpleasant enough for me to write off that period.

Like any era in wrestling there's good and bad points to it 02-05 era I enjoyed  but I love the 80's territories stuff on the network I watched a good bid of mid south and wccw I'm starting to watch nwa/wcw for 89 at the moment have to say I love the midnight's... Múta and Sting... Etc

Archived