What are you doing for NYE?

Gus Mears

Went to a "Comedy Night" which was shit.

Poor service, poor food (which they ran out of), venue was cold, all three "comedians" were rubbish and the sound was bad.

The compare was good though and the woman stood next to us in the buffet queue was far more funny than anyone else, well she was until she got thrown out for headbutting another woman!

We left early and had a drink at home watching Madness on the TV. Strange night and like a lot of people, not ever been a fan of all the New Year's Eve Bullshit 😒

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

Went to bed at 8pm, tried to go to sleep at my usual time of 9pm as i was exhausted , but just couldn't drop off to sleep until around 11.45pm, managed 4 hours sleep. Luckily i had ear plugs in otherwise i think the fireworks would of kept me awake all night

An interesting annecdote, Ralphy, but where are the exclamation marks?

What was supposed to be a house party ended up with a bunch of us heading into town. After a few pints we all headed off to the clock tower for midnight.

Because I saw my old boss from when I used to do security, he let me and the 3 mates who stayed out into the strip club for free. It was supposed to be 8 quid a head after midnight. I liked it because they had Camden hells on tap, but I only had one and stood chatting outside having a smoke for ages. Next thing I knew my friends all came down and said they were leaving. Turns out they had all spent the last of their cash on dances.

Now I am sat in my friends kitchen after crashing on his sofa trying to get up the motivation to walk home after 3 shits and 2 strong coffees.

Update: just had a 4th shit.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Went to a "Comedy Night" which was shit.

Poor service, poor food (which they ran out of), venue was cold, all three "comedians" were rubbish and the sound was bad.

The compare was good though and the woman stood next to us in the buffet queue was far more funny than anyone else, well she was until she got thrown out for headbutting another woman!

We left early and had a drink at home watching Madness on the TV. Strange night and like a lot of people, not ever been a fan of all the New Year's Eve Bullshit 😒

I get the feeling that the comedians weren't the issue here...

• Paid Members

The "entertainment" at the pub we went to for NYE was a bloke staring at lyrics on his tablet as he murdered songs to very poor karaoke backing tracks. On more than one occasion he'd had to lower the key of the song he was singing in order to avoid some tricky high notes, and still couldn't hit them. He'd also tell rambling anecdotes between songs. Then he finished, we did some karaoke and more than a couple of the singers on that were better than the bloke the landlord had paid to "perform".

Archived