What are you doing for NYE?

Gus Mears

• Awards Moderator
46 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

leftover Christmas 'yellow food'

Ha, it's 'brown food' in our house. Maybe I leave it in the oven too long? 

Round a mate's house for a small party tonight. Silly games etc. Some slightly antisocial pan-banging at midnight. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'll be in bed by half 9 tonight as I'm working the 6am - 2pm shift tomorrow.

I volunteered for it though as I'm not too bothered by NYE anymore. I had a few great nights out back in my early 20's but after that it all felt tiresome, expensive and too busy to bother with. I'd rather have a few drinks at a mates house or stay in with the missus with a takeaway.

• Paid Members

Working our NYE comedy show. The actual comedians will finish at about half ten though so the next 2 and a half hours will be me sitting in the green room, eating crisps & hoping everyone fucks off shortly after midnight. 

• Paid Members

Has anyone ever been to London’s South Bank to watch the fireworks? Despite living there for five years now we’ve not ‘properly’ been - we did stop by Tower Bridge last year which was a lot less cramped and had a good atmosphere but you didn’t see a great deal of the actual fireworks - only a few high risers from distance. 

My brother has been before and it just sounds horrendous - you need to arrive around 6pm just to get a decent spot and you’re effectively stuck there for six hours unable to move, unable to wee (well, in a lavatory) and freezing your unmentionables off. Then you factor in the inevitable chaos of getting home at the same time as 250,000 other people, triple-priced taxis, packed like sardines in trains, etc. No thanks. 

• Paid Members

Party food for two with Mrs Mim once the little one is asleep. Watch a couple of films, she's probably in bed by 10, a couple hours of computer games for me and then likely off to bed too.

I always felt new years was a let down as a night out, it's always overpriced and everywhere tends to be rammed. It all feels very much like forced fun.

I much prefer a night at home and a return to the pub once the Christmas crowd has retreated for dry January.

29 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Has anyone ever been to London’s South Bank to watch the fireworks? Despite living there for five years now we’ve not ‘properly’ been - we did stop by Tower Bridge last year which was a lot less cramped and had a good atmosphere but you didn’t see a great deal of the actual fireworks - only a few high risers from distance. 

My brother has been before and it just sounds horrendous - you need to arrive around 6pm just to get a decent spot and you’re effectively stuck there for six hours unable to move, unable to wee (well, in a lavatory) and freezing your unmentionables off. Then you factor in the inevitable chaos of getting home at the same time as 250,000 other people, triple-priced taxis, packed like sardines in trains, etc. No thanks. 

Only time I’ve ever been was on millennium eve. About 20 of us went and I lost everyone within 5 minutes. Never again.

• Paid Members

Off to a pub with my lady, sister-in-law, her other half and some friends. It's the one we sometimes attend the pub at. Hopefully it'll be a nice quiet one.

2 hours ago, gmoney said:

Gonna watch that Bros documentary. 

Good choice! It's the funniest thing i have watched all Christmas.

Two full on idiots (especially Matt Goss).The documentary is not even that good in the sense that there is no mention of their father or Craig Logan, but you see the drama unfold and it is scary to think that they are happy to be perceived in this way.

It's the real life Spinal Tap of the boy band world. Matt comes across as a massive egotistical prick, who is not the sharpest tool in the box. Weird near the end, when Matt starts chewing on Luke's ear!

Enjoy 😊

Archived