Botch of the year

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Maffew's stuff has been shite for ages anyway, hasn't it?

That video in the OP is great, you can listen to it with the Steptoe and Son theme playing to enhance it further. I agree with Kaz that the silly You've Been Framed blown spots are the best, rather than the silly spots where somebody could genuinely die.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I can’t honestly remember the last time I watched a botchamania. At a guess it was before he had to move to his own website, which was quite a long time ago.

Let’s be honest though, no matter how bad those (or similar) might be, a WWE version is going to:

A) Only use WWE, child friendly stuff.

B) Use the same stuff we’ve already seen.

C) Scripted unfunny shite, purposefully recorded for the show.

D) Fred Ottman 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah. He should have stopped years ago when wrestlers started getting in on the joke. Didn't he try to start charging people to watch his stuff at one point?

• Paid Members

I like Maffew, he's a good lad in my book. Seems to genuinely love the business and tries to find positives in everything, despite the contrary effect that his work gives out.

And I believe he only charges for work on his Patreon, in that you get access to his videos a few days earlier before they're released publicly.

WWE wanting their Network to be the be-all, end--all, one-stop shop for wrestling content is really going to stifle creativity elsewhere. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I like Maffew, he's a good lad in my book. Seems to genuinely love the business and tries to find positives in everything, despite the contrary effect that his work gives out.

And I believe he only charges for work on his Patreon, in that you get access to his videos a few days earlier before they're released publicly.

WWE wanting their Network to be the be-all, end--all, one-stop shop for wrestling content is really going to stifle creativity elsewhere. 

He is a very sound lad, met him at a few North shows and Grapple Arcade events. He does stuff with Cultaholic now I believe.

16 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Titus shouldn’t count. His botch is so prolific it should be the name of the competition. The Titus award. His botch is the equivalent of Andre the Giant, in the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal.

Titus aside, Ricks top post is fucking ace. It’s not a dick head trying something stupid. It’s a big bloke attempting to enter the ring. It’s You’ve Been Framed fodder, rather than wince in despair. I prefer non lethal botches.

Speaking of Botches, Maffew stated “it’s been a fun ride” on twitter after it was announced that WWE are going to shite up the concept of a botch compilation tv show with Karl Anderson.

I watched that show the other day, it was absolute shit. Gallows and Anderson strike me as guys who for having told a few funny stories think they're a lot funnier than what they actually are.

• Paid Members

Terrible attempts at comedy from Gallows and Anderson. The actual botches themselves are fun to watch but it would be so much better with the original commentary tracks left it before cutting to some kind of reaction from them afterwards, rather than their constant babble as a backing track throughout. The “Behind the Botch” segment had potential but really dragged. 

I don’t think Maffew has anything to worry about just yet. Botch Club is more of a dive into the archives whereas Maffew’s stuff is more of a collage of recent incidents (with the odd archive pieces and Simpson nonsense later in the video).

Archived