Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

Paul Stanley's autobio is an exercise in greatness

Paul showing up at Live Aid, even though he wasnt invited, remains one of the saddest things ever. He's even got a staff badge AND a VIP sticker on so he isnt kicked out by Phil Collins. "Get that one earred cunt away from the buffet."

9ebff86121f0fb073f4d90b539177d64.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Been reading bits of this back, and this is such a Spinal Tap moment, its hilarious. So unself aware.

After that session I thought to myself that maybe one way to feel better was to write a song about feeling better. The best way to move forward might be to sing a song about moving forward. I read somewhere that whenBeethoven wrote his second symphony in 1802, a piece that as a kid I‚Äôd found extremely uplifting, he was suicidal. Maybe I could write myself out of a funk, too. Vinnie and I wrote the song ‚ÄúLick It Up‚ÄĚ in my place on 80th Street in the music room ...

Kiss can basically be summarised as total bellends with some great songs, a lot more shit ones and a great live show. I can forgive Paul Stanley for a lot of wankery based solely on this video though. Mad fucker never misses a note.

Edited by cobra_gordo

Take back that forgiveness cobra, that's a guy from a tribute act who caught fire. http://ultimateclassicrock.com/burning-wig-kiss-tribute-hairball/ 

So aye, he is still a bit of a wanker. As proven with this quote in an interview the other day. Just such a snotty response to a valid question.

KISS frontman Paul Stanley was asked how he is taking care of his voice on the "End Of The Road" trek, in light of the fact that it has sounded diminished on many recent tours. "I try not to talk to guys like you, for one," Stanley replied.

It's a bit sad seeing him reduced to lip syncing the majority of his stuff on the show now, moreso as he's trying to claim it's live despite so many flubs already. I'll still be going in July to the Newcastle show when they come here and for sure I'll enjoy the show and the spectacle of it all, but it's far from "going out on top" as they put it.

Gene Simmons is a sleazy cunt, comes on to Anthony's girlfriend, bad at fucking.

Edited by PowerButchi

23 minutes ago, FailedPromoter said:

So aye, he is still a bit of a wanker. As proven with this quote in an interview the other day. Just such a snotty response to a valid question.

Pfft, that's a funny response. 

My favourite Gene Simmons is a massive prick story is when he was on Conan, they ran a sketch by him that they wanted to do where he would talk about people getting him confused with other Simmons' such as Richard Simmons and Russell Simmons. He looks a the script and notes that he's not going do it because he doesn't want to say any other celebrities name on television. "The can say my name on TV, I'm not saying theirs. No free rides."

I love the story Ronnie James Dio tells - I think it's on Metal: A Headbanger's Journey - of Simmons attempting to trademark the name "OJ" for orange juice, purely because nobody ever had. Apparently it's not true, though.

Vice looked into his attempts to trademark the "devil horns" gesture, and found a bunch of other attempted trademarks, though, some of which are insane and wonderful;

https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/article/vbmgx3/all-the-dumb-shit-gene-simmons-has-tried-to-trademark

"Chefs of Rock"
"Gene Simmons Demon"
"Gene Simmons Groupies"
"Gene Simmons Wet"
"Gene Simmons Rich & Famous"
"Gene Simmons Tongue"
"Gene Simmons Media Mogul" 
"Exotic Car Wash"
"Naked Car Wash"
"Nude Car Wash"
"Topless Car Wash"
"Symposium of Success"
"International Fight Club"
"Big Band"
"Trophy Wife"
"Sextacy"
"Dominatrix"
"Dominatrex"
"Zipper"
"Because It's My Life"
"Space Hunter"
"I Want to Marry a Millionaire"
"$#it Girls Say"
"Me, Inc"
"Global Art Bank"
"Titans of Rock"
multiple images of bags with dollar signs on them
"Women Are From Mars -- Men Have ?enis"
and simply "?enis."

It was Dio who instigated the horns gesture, that's a fact. Comparing the real deal to Simmons is like ice cream and horse manure. 

Show some respect, man!

Edited by Brewster McCloud

Simmons has claimed for years that in 1981, the Van Halen boys called him and said "Gene, can we join KISS, we're sick of David Lee Roth" and Gene said "sorry boys, it wouldnt be a good fit." I dont care how much the Van Halens and Roth didnt get on, KISS was pretty much dead in 1981. The idea Simmons would have turned them down is as laughable as the idea of Eddie and Alex putting on makeup and playing Disco and Prog Rock experimental songs.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay