Merry Christmas!

Weezenal

18 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Merry Christmas you beautiful people.

I’m moving to New York permanently tomorrow. Shitting myself. As someone who’s prone to anxiety, the eyelid twitching-head aching-belly grumbling stress has kind of put a dampener on today 😂

WooSah.

All the best, hope it all goes well for you and a droney boi doesn't scupper plans.  More Cov fans on New York can only be a good thing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The boy is fast asleep following a day of hyperactivity and furious bongo playing, and there's still presents that haven't been unwrapped. It won't be like this next year.

I'm going to watch the end of Mary Poppins and then have my suggestions declined by the missus.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Merry Christmas you beautiful people.

I’m moving to New York permanently tomorrow. Shitting myself. As someone who’s prone to anxiety, the eyelid twitching-head aching-belly grumbling stress has kind of put a dampener on today 😂

WooSah.

Good luck lad, you’re gonna bloody love it! Moved to the states 8 years ago and it was the best thing I’ve ever done.

Back in the motherland for Chrimbo feeling comfortably full and rested!

• Paid Members

It’s been an interesting/brilliant one for me. My daughter recently turned 2 and is more aware of surroundings etc now. She isn’t at an age of wanting presents, being disappointed, or having expectations. She is in awe of everything that’s been going on, surrounded by lots of happy people but now with lots of trees, lights and colourful paper to rip up.

It’s been really fun watching her soak it up, seeing which things/gifts/surroundings she warms too. 

She got a skateboard, a footy, a kids kitchen, books, teddies etc. Her favourite item was 1 of my dads socks. It became a hat, a place to hid her Yorkshire pudding and we then found it in her cot as we were putting her to bed.

edit: best of luck @d-d-d-dAz hope you settle quickly mate. 

• Paid Members

I’ve had a nice Christmas with some lovely gifts and a great spread. However, the best thing without a doubt has been reading Kung and the Gang’s book, which I’d bought for myself and which had arrived a couple of days ago. I’ve been been glued to it all day, ignoring my family and guffawing and stories I am unable to relay to them as they’d be scandalised. A Strong Recommend.

• Paid Members

Last year was the worst Christmas ever. My father in law had a triple bypass and I was pretty much alone the whole holidays. As I couldn't get out of work. This year Best Christmas since I was a kid. Great presents and I got every one good things too great dinner and my father in law in great health and spirits. Hope you all had a great day

• Paid Members

Best of luck dAz.

I spent Christmas around my Dad's this year, for a change. As with most, I've become a little jaded with Christmas, so watching my wee half-brother have the best time made this the best Christmas I've had in years.

Like when I was a kid, I ended up chuckling away to Big Night Out with my old man. The new series is brilliant.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

She got a skateboard, a footy, a kids kitchen, books, teddies etc. Her favourite item was 1 of my dads socks. It became a hat, a place to hid her Yorkshire pudding and we then found it in her cot as we were putting her to bed. 

😆 Are all kids like this? My daughter was the same yesterday. She had so many cool presents, too many presents for a 5 year old really. Yet she spent more time playing with an empty cardboard box from one of the toys than the actual toy itself. Hiding in it, drawing on it with felt-tip pens, hitting me with it. 

Having kids has definitely recaptured the magic of Christmas for me. I’ve always loved Christmas but I got to an age where it just became a reason to get bladdered. Christmas wasn’t what was fun anymore it was the getting pissed and I could do that anytime.* But then I got with my missus and she’s even more in love with Christmas than me. Our daughter came along in November 2013 and made it worth going to the effort to make Christmas a bit special from then on. Don’t get me wrong, yesterday was chaos and my daughter trashed the place. It’s going to be double that when my son can do the same. But I actually don’t want them to grow up now. Being woke up (at 5:30-bastard-am!) by my daughter excitedly saying ‘Daddy, mummy, wake up. Santa’s been!’ made all the overtime hours worth it. I’m dreading when she’s 15 and it’s just ‘Dad, how much you spending on us for Christmas?’ 

* All that said. I am getting drunk tonight. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

😆 Are all kids like this? My daughter was the same yesterday. She had so many cool presents, too many presents for a 5 year old really. Yet she spent more time playing with an empty cardboard box from one of the toys than the actual toy itself.

Yes, pretty much mate, infact one of the toys she got was a cardboard box that resembled a spaceship, but because it was expected she got in it, she didn’t and climbed and sat in the laundry basket instead. The  game of what’s inside grandads sock ensued.

• Paid Members

Best Christmas in decades. First one with my significant other and she had a brilliant time too for her first ever UK Crimbo. Nicest Christmas meal I've cooked and plenty of lovely booze to go along with it.

Probably the best thing is seeing my Gran really getting a second lease on life after a few years of, completely understandable, mourning after Grandad passed away. She had her new boyfriend over who was a nice chap and she stayed up until about 2AM playing board games and tucking into the wine. Hope I'm still enjoying life like that at 80.

Only negative is that I've got the slog of seeing Dad's side of the family for lunch today and Dad's back on the sauce, so God knows what condition he'll be in.

Hope everyone else had a cracking day anyhow. Enjoyed reading this thread yesterday amidst cooking.

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Merry Christmas UKFF. 

I've met a couple of UKFFers for the first time this year, Weezanal you were one of them. Catch you soon. 

We'll have to sort something out again for the New Year.

Archived