Merry Christmas!

Weezenal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Christmas folks. I hope you're all having a lovely day doing whatever it is you're doing. Its my daughter's second Christmas and she's proper loving it this year. Seeing your kids happy at this time of year even brings a smile to my miserable face. Love to one and all!! X

• Paid Members

Finished work at 8am, did the morning rounds of saying hello to the family and then napped till 12. Foods been cooked (excellently by me I must say) and eaten, I'm now napping before work at 7 but should see my nephews at six for an hour.

Gonna spend tonight in the hotel watching Big Mouth and Enchantment and then go and see the friends tomorrow lunch for a few drinks before working at 10pm tomorrow night. But I've got New Years off (1st Jan birthday) and loud children are a bit of a nightmare for my anxiety so kinda not fussed I've signed away most my Xmas. Gonna see my Da Thursday so you may not here from a very hungover me until Sunday.

Merry Christmas you lovely bunch. Pretty sure I wouldn't have made it through the year half as well without having this place to vent and laugh.

First Christmas working, for me, doing another few months of an office stint. It's also the first Christmas in ten years I have not woken up far too late in the day with a shit kicker of a hangover, though, so in a weird way I'm enjoying it. The possibility of leaving early was dangled like a festive roast carrot around lunchtime but it didn't come to pass, sadly, so I've been sat here watching old football clips on YouTube and the Christmas episode of Peep Show (CAULIFLOWERISTRADITIONAL!).

In at 9 again, tomorrow, and I'm contemplating what to do with myself tonight. I'll see the family for a late evening dinner, obviously, and I've got a lovely fat smoke rolled up. But I know once I've smoked it that rather than be content with my lot I'll have a hankering to chuck on Goldfinger and get a bit pissed. I can't do hangovers in work, anymore, but I've been good as gold so far this year. 

The girlfriend is in Donegal with her extended family, in a seaside house that's a close approximation of Ted Crilly's gaf. For the second year running I've been unable to be a part of their Christmas, but we done our own deal last weekend and are going to Prague next week to make up for it. I get to stay home with my bi-annual bag of weed and babysit the cat. 

Happy Christmas, everybody. Hope you're all in a good place, whatever means that takes today!

• Paid Members

Merry Christmas. Hope you’re all having a good one. 

We’ve had a really quiet one this year. Just me, my wife and 2 kids. Our daughter is 5 now so she’s at an age where she gets mega excited about Christmas and she’s been absolutely spoiled with loads of presents off both sides of the family and friends. It’s our son’s first Christmas, he’s only 5 months old so he’s oblivious to it all but he’s been just as spoiled. He’s already got a more extensive wardrobe than me and he’s not even half a year old! We’ve only just tidied all the wrapping paper and packaging up. I’ve ate way too much but not had a drop of alcohol. But my mum is babysitting the kids tomorrow and me and the lady are having a piss up at my sister’s, who I haven’t seen in months due to her working abroad. So I’m looking forward to that. 

The kids are both knackered now.

biLm5k.jpg

:laugh: 

My daughter had us up at about 5:30am this morning and she’s been running riot ever since so I’m not surprised. My son looks like he’s had a heavy night on the ale. 

• Paid Members

Merry Christmas everyone.

I'm up in Liverpool with the missus's family and Surf jnr is winding everyone up by being interested in and playing with every present as he unwraps it, rather than going on the paper ripping rampage they were expecting. As such, he's now sleeping off dinner and there's at least a dozen presents under the tree still wrapped.

So far I've not seen any classic Harryhausens on the TV listings, but there's been Carry Ons aplenty.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Had a great day so far. Cracking lunch at the in-laws which if I had to I'd rank top out of the 6 I've had this month. We were in charge of pudding so we made a classic New York cheesecake which was a million times better than expected. The better half played Cluedo with her sister and cousins (which ended in an argument) while I finished editing together my Best of The Archers 2018 video.

Now we're back home. Cheese board, turkey sandwich, and a glass bottle of diet coke while we watch Only Connect Christmas special. The best.

Merry Christmas chaps! Hope your having a cracking day and a blessed 2019. Spending Christmas in Jamaica. It’s surreal being in the blazing sun this time of year. Here’s me attempting a thumbs up while snapping a picture in the jacuzzi. About to head to the beach☺️. Tell you what, Christmas don’t come like this in Romford.

E232-F1-A5-F69-C-4004-8982-C474-F088-D82

• Paid Members

Inevitable happened. Spent all day cooking for the family, ask them to wake me so I can see my nephews before work as I sleep with ear plugs in to cancel out outside noise, "forget to wake me" until I have to leave for work then wonder why I'm in a bad mood as theyve spent the last hour doing presents without me.

Next year I'm having an apartment and a day of ice cream and 80s comedies by myself. Less likely to shout at anyone.

On the plus side I appear to have an angry woman who wanted to fit three children in a single bed booking into the hotel tonight so my night is way more interesting than yours.

Merry Christmas. I spent it with my 4 month old daughter. And wife and puppy I hasten to add. It was fucking magical and I usually just enjoy christmas as opposed to adore it. This year was magical, we bought my daughter fuck all but she laughed and smiled all day. 

My puppy was fucking sublime. Lay on her mat all dinner time until she got her christmas dinner. 

I’m two bottles of red deep. Have a lovely one everyone. 

Merry Christmas you beautiful people.

I’m moving to New York permanently tomorrow. Shitting myself. As someone who’s prone to anxiety, the eyelid twitching-head aching-belly grumbling stress has kind of put a dampener on today 😂

WooSah.

Archived