"Time's been kind to it"

PowerButchi

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Come on though, if quality is the criteria he's better than fucking U-God! At least there are good Capadonna verses I could point to, even if I'd never listen to a solo album of him.

Whaaat! The first verse in Da Mystery of Chessboxin' is U-God right? (Raw I'ma give it to ya...)That's the shit! His first solo album was crap though. I didn't bother with any other 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah it is. George W. Bush was a horrible cunt.

I don't disagree that he was a horrible cunt and I'm certainly no supporter of him or his neoconservative base. All I'm saying is that Trump has managed to make Dubya's terms in office look a little bit better in hindsight because the Dotard has so far been even worse by a clear margin.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Well. Shit, yeah I gotta give you that verse... I'm not saying he's never good,  but I really don't think he's ever done anything as good as Capadonna's verse on Winter Warz for sure.

I like U-God's timbre I think, more than anything else. Cappadonna was just a bit generic. I have just put on Forever for the first time in 15 years though, and fuck me it's not bad! I had this down as really patchy, but it's really pretty consistent. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

Albums are obsolete now, there's no need for them to exist anymore. 

That's sadly how I think a lot of people feel these days but I it's complete bollocks. The best albums are much more than a collection of songs recorded around the same time, and take you on a bigger journey than a song ever could. 

Edit: pretty much any half decent album in fact the tbh, not just the best albums.

Albums came to exist because of the medium of LP records and then CDs (and audio tapes, 8 tracks and various other things in between). It's not like musicians decided to release sets of 10-12 songs lasting a combined 40 minutes or so and the music industry developed something that length to record them onto. Fewer and fewer people are buying entire albums and even fewer people are listening to albums in one go from start to finish to "travel on the journey" planned by the artist.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

I’ve always considered GB2 to be on par with original, both as a kid and adult. It actually has some of the funnier scenes across the two films, with the courtroom scene being a fine example.

Same actually - Ghostbusters came out before I was born so Ghostbusters II was probably the one I had an awareness of first*.

*actually it would have been The Real Ghostbusters cartoon first. I will have watched that well before either film and remember being confused that Egon wasn’t blonde in the film, Ray wasn’t that fat and Slimer wasn’t a main character.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'm with Loki. Whilst we're at it Capadonna was always part of the Wu Tang Clan as far as I'm concerned.

Absolutely no way. He isn't on 36 Chambers. He isn't on the cover of Wu Tang Forever. He doesn't have any standout verses. No one cares if he's at any of the concerts. Not having that.

Archived