"Time's been kind to it"

PowerButchi

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to listen to Kid A every morning walking to college. Everything In Its Right Place is the best morning tune ever. And err... Morning Bell. 

I honestly think Amnesiac is as good a collection of tunes. It was all done at the same time, anyway, but Kid A got the plaudit of breaking the ground. Only for the band, mind you. It's basically an outstanding tribute to Endtroducing and all the Warp stuff. 

It's interesting to look back on the Britpop era and see which albums have survived the intervening years.  I still think the best album to come out of that time was the first eponymous Supergrass album.  It really is so packed with terrific energy and momentum all the way through.  Whilst a lot of the more art-school stuff (like a LOT of Blur) now sounds a little bit embarrassing, four lads from Oxford singing about getting arrested for carrying is still great.

On the flip side, OK Computer is nowhere NEAR as good as it was made out to be on release.

12 hours ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

Dune is a great film that was panned at the time because everyone was expecting something like Star Wars.

Fire Walk With Me. Everyone was expecting and hoping for what we'd now call the memes, coffee and cherry pie etc but what we got instead was one of the most haunting and disturbing flicks of the decade.

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

They were a trio for the first three albums.

They might have been officially, but I saw them 3 times, once before they'd even released their debut album. and there was four of them every time.  Gaz's brother played on every album and went on every tour, so he gets included as far as I'm concerned.

Just now, Loki said:

They might have been officially, but I saw them 3 times, once before they'd even released their debut album. and there was four of them every time.  Gaz's brother played on every album and went on every tour, so he gets included as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, well as far as you're concerned and not what the actual band say is clearly what is important.

• Paid Members

I'd go with the USA Presidency of George W. Bush. Not that his time in office was a competent one and that Dubya was just too easy a person to satire and joke about, but compared to the current leader in the White House he's light years ahead of the Dotard in terms of being "Presidential". For all of his boasts about achievements he's done in nearly two years, managing to single handedly somewhat rehabilitate Bush's legacy is right up at the top of the list for Trump, and that's not "fake news".

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, PJ Power said:

I'd go with the USA Presidency of George W. Bush. Not that his time in office was a competent one and that Dubya was just too easy a person to satire and joke about, but compared to the current leader in the White House he's light years ahead of the Dotard in terms of being "Presidential". For all of his boasts about achievements he's done in nearly two years, managing to single handedly somewhat rehabilitate Bush's legacy is right up at the top of the list for Trump, and that's not "fake news".

Yeah it is. George W. Bush was a horrible cunt.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'm with Loki. Whilst we're at it Capadonna was always part of the Wu Tang Clan as far as I'm concerned.

I never quite understood why they felt they needed to add him. Maybe he's a really nice bloke, but I always thought he was a bit shit. 

EDIT: I looked it up, he was in the group originally bit was in prison at the time of 36 Chambers. Well fuck my hat, i didn't know that. Makes a lot more sense now, though he's still a dull rapper. 

Archived