R.K.O.

tiger_rick

Probably the most hit or miss guy they've ever had. An unmotivated, shit Orton is capable of making you give up on WWE altogether, but an on form one has produced some all time great stuff. Thought he was superb in Evolution, the despicable spitting little shit and the Foley match is in my top 3 WWE matches.

I'm enjoying what he's doing now, after he'd been shit for ages, which came after the Wyatt Family stuff which was great before they ruined it, which came after another long period of being shit. He's been going like this for over a decade and will continue that pattern until he fucks off

It's also interesting to think he was their #1 project in 03/04. Cena before Cena was Cena. Made a right fucking mess of it though immediately after he left Evolution (never learned why. Backstage heat? Triple H politicking? Pure idiocy?). Batista, who was the afterthought muscle who was almost Mark Jindrak instead, ended up having probably the best face turn in company history the next year instead. Absolutely should've been more

'Voices' is the dirt worst theme though let's not mess about

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's very good technically, but he's usually boring as fuck and he's never seemed to live up to his potential. In a way, he feels very after his time to me. I feel like if he'd been around 25-30 years ago, he'd have been as iconic a heel as Rick Rude and Mr Perfect. But it's also completely illogical of me to think he's not as iconic of them - his career has been about five times longer than theirs, and he's spent most of that time at or near the top of the card. They were flashes in the pan in comparison who didn't touch the heights he has. His career just came at a time when I was getting more jaded and moany about wrestling.

That moan CM Punk had about Vince being a millionaire who should be a billionaire is similar to how I think about Randy Orton. He's a really good wrestler who should be one of the greatest wrestlers ever.

When he puts in the effort it feels like you’re watching the best wrestler in the world but unfortunately those times are so few and far between that I find it incredibly hard to get excited for anything that he does these days. To sum it up in a couple of words: “wasted potential”.

• Paid Members

Does anyone remember Orton putting Reigns over at Summerslam 2014?

It wasn't a particularly memorable match, IIRC, and Orton being a sacrificial lamb to the Reigns push was clearly signposted beforehand. 

What I do remember is that on the Raw beforehand, Orton had a one on one match with Sheamus. Knowing he was putting Reigns over at the PPV, and against a Sheamus that wasn't even on the PPV, the two assembled a brilliant match, with the crowd absolutely into all the finer details of Orton, who seemed keen to show off a bit. It was like he was saying "I'm losing on Sunday, but who cares about that guy, look how good I am".

The PPV bout had no chance of living up to it.

• Paid Members

When he punted Vince and then won the rumble he looked like he was going to explode. Then he was booked horribly for the build up to and including mania and he never got that back. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gadge said:

Does anyone remember Orton putting Reigns over at Summerslam 2014?

It wasn't a particularly memorable match, IIRC, and Orton being a sacrificial lamb to the Reigns push was clearly signposted beforehand. 

What I do remember is that on the Raw beforehand, Orton had a one on one match with Sheamus. Knowing he was putting Reigns over at the PPV, and against a Sheamus that wasn't even on the PPV, the two assembled a brilliant match, with the crowd absolutely into all the finer details of Orton, who seemed keen to show off a bit. It was like he was saying "I'm losing on Sunday, but who cares about that guy, look how good I am".

The PPV bout had no chance of living up to it.

I was at that Summerslam live and I remember it as being a good match. There was one particular near fall at the end which probably got the biggest pop of the night. But Orton has always raved about Sheamus when he's mentioned in interviews so maybe Orton wanted to help him out a bit. It seems a bit of a common thing with the veterans, they get more excited and put more effort in when they work with younger talent that they respect and see it as a challenge to get them over but might phone it in when working with an established name they've already had programmes with.

Archived