Stuff you hated as a kid and grew to love

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Cooked vegetables and butter on a sandwich. I liked veg as a young child but it had to be raw. Both of these were texture rather than taste, being a warm mush or greasy film in the mouth. 

I still like veg "al dente" and, like pasta and a steak, shouldn't be overcooked. However I do conform to both butter & warm veg norms these days. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add a lie-in to the whole sleep discussion. Couldn’t stand if I was awake any later than 8 as a kid, because why would I want to waste a day in bed? Energy! Sugar! Activity!

Now I couldn’t do without my lie-ins on the weekend. Not having to set an alarm for the morning is such a satisfying feeling.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Not buying this. I sat through a couple of episodes recently, and though it didn't seem possible, it's even more boring than I remember it being when I had to watch it at my grans as a kid.

Explained to someone what a wreck of a shop my local K-Mart is with the description that one of the most interesting DVD boxed sets in their media department was a three-pack of "TV movies starring Waltons cast members". 

• Paid Members

Dressing gown and slippers. -  these things are my go to, especially during the cold months. Nowt better than getting home from work and adoning my great robe. I imagine its what Ric Flair felt like every day. 

Vegetables - you'd need to hold me down for force feed me veg as a kid. These days, I eat roasted vegetables twice a day and can't get enough of them. My Sunday meal prep usually sees my roasting 2 huge trays worth for the week. Tastes amazing and the colours are wonderful. 

• Paid Members

I've got to agree with the folks saying bed early, country music and I'm going to add in food. I was a nightmare to get to eat as a wee lad and now, well that's not so much of a problem! Bed early is a result of getting up for work at 4.45 am - No way will you catch me up to midnight anymore, now that my alarm starts shouting at that time. 

I couldn't stand country music whatsoever as a child because it's all my father listened to, and he did my fucking head in with it, so I thought it was all total bollocks. These days however I've turned around quite a bit on that. 

• Paid Members

A bit more specific here, but knock off toys.

Nothing worse than getting a Mega Ranger instead of a Power Ranger from Aunty Maureen, but I bloody love the plight of some of those cheap nasty toys now. For example, Manix are amazing, look at the state of them.

89B9D3AE-FB6E-4D2F-9B48-3F012DEBD264.jpeg

Archived