UFC Brooklyn: Cejudo vs Dillashaw - Jan 19 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeh i liked it. Like you said, he didn't add expertise but hes just one of those recognisable American sports personalities that adds to the whole event, i have no issue seeing him pop on the ESPN shows. I would love for them to start using Max Kellerman too, that'd be great. Kellerman works for ESPN now as well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I really like Smith and Kellerman (by association, First Take) and having them pop in now and again for shows adds a big-time feel to the event. Smith at least was very self aware, pointing out that he's pretty clueless, but he's such a pro that he knew exactly how to get around it without looking or sounding like a total pleb. 100% they need to get Kellerman in on this, one because he's silky smooth, but also because he actually seems fairly clued in to the MMA bubble. Stephen A, while having his strengths, is more about the sizzle and the bluster over expert analysis, whereas Kellerman is a far more studied all-rounder when it comes to sport and would have definitely handled Smith's part in this far better.

The best part about it was the intense death stares Anik and DC were throwing Smith's way. Gave birth to some decent memes.

Like him or not, he's a recognisable face, and for any fan of the channel settling down for the evening and doing a bit of channel surfing, he's the kind of figure who'll make them stop and watch for a bit.

His knowledge is limited, but he's not doing commentary so it doesn't matter. He's essentially just there to facilitate the guys who know what they're talking about and to add a bit of ESPN pizazz.

Archived