UFC Brooklyn: Cejudo vs Dillashaw - Jan 19 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

All the shit involving Jon Jones, all the shit involving Greg Hardy, and then there's TJ Dillashaw looking ready to die cutting weight.

25D585AE-20CD-419A-AFEB-7946D601DB84.thumb.jpeg.6a18a1b65cc21e7f802328a0f4dada57.jpeg

This sport, man.

Fucking hell!!  He looks pure zombie. This is ridiculous

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ, that’s similar to McGregor before the Aldo fight. I think this cut is going to be too much for him, and either he misses weight or barely scrapes it and gets beaten soundly. Think a 10lb weight drop when he’s not the smallest of Bantamweights was a bridge too far.

• Paid Members

I don’t know if they can say “easily”. I get they probably mean easily on weight as in he came in at 124.4lbs. But just because he’s come in slightly under 125, doesn’t necessarily mean he made it easily. 

I didn’t doubt he’d actually make weight. He seems a bit of a knob but he’s always seemed very professional when it comes to his career and doesn’t seem the type to miss weight. He’s from a wrestling background and just the way he comes across he strikes me as the kind of guy who’d make weight no matter how much he had to suffer. So I fully expected him to hit the weight. 

The question now becomes at what cost? How rough was the cut and how much has he taken out of himself physically to see that magic number on the scale? 

I never read too much into this stuff though. McGregor is the perfect example as well. You look at how shit he looked those times weighing in at 145 (who can forget his narrow as fuck head for the Brandao fight in Dublin??), but then he’d perform spectacularly in the cage the next night. Dillashaw will be replenishing now as we type and I’m sure when he steps on the scales for the bullshit weigh in tonight he’ll look tip top. But you never know if there’ll be a price to pay in the cage. Especially if they go deep into the championship rounds. 

On the flipside, this could negatively effect Cejudo. He’ll have seen the pictures of TJ looking like a little withered Paul O’Grady. If he’s coming in overconfident that he’s getting a frail and weakened version of Dillashaw he might be setting himself up for a fall. I wouldn’t normally think a fighter would do that but Cejudo seems like he’d get carried away with something like that. Comes off as someone who’s starting to believe their own hype to me. I might well be off base. I reckon he’s the type of guy who has sex while looking at himself in the mirror. And thanks himself after he cums. 

• Paid Members

I quite like that. Love chunky metal logos and belts, looks classic and substantial. Like that they've also made the Octagon the prominent part of the design.

• Paid Members

I don’t dislike it. It’s going to take some getting used to though. They’ve had the old design so long now it’s going to look odd for a bit with a new one. Like when the WWF first got rid of the winged eagle belt. That’s the belt I grew up seeing. 

57AC5DD5-8BAC-4F3B-9475-126B8CADA67D.jpeg

Fuck off new belt. You’re not my real Dad. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

New belt designs usually always look rubbish at first, this being another example.

Bet Cejudo will look great wearing it, however.

And he'll thank himself for putting it on. [/wand]

• Paid Members

David’s been quieter than I expected. I know he loves a bit of Lego Henry.  

Edit - Sources now telling me David’s been spotted on a flight to Brooklyn. Overheard on the phone enquiring about Cejudo’s dinner plans tonight. While clutching a big jar of laxatives. Cejudo’s fucked. 

”Hey, Henry old buddy old pal...” 

1436CBD1-012D-4C19-9907-D7771098038B.gif

7 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

not sure what what to make of that, what the hell are they wearing? In fairness though, this fight is feeling like a bit deal, not sure if it's the ESPN factor but there's definitely a buzz going in, great way to start the year.

What the fuck was Henry doing with the Snake draft excluder like my Nan used to have? Also TJ looking like a Poundland McG can fuck off.

Archived