UFC Brooklyn: Cejudo vs Dillashaw - Jan 19 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

David’s been quieter than I expected. I know he loves a bit of Lego Henry.  

Like when our Olympic Gold Medalist finished the "GOAT" (Ned Flanders), I expect David to fuck off for about a week or two when our Olympic Gold Medalist becomes the first ever champ champ champ. 

15 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

David’s been quieter than I expected. I know he loves a bit of Lego Henry. 

Big work week unfortunately, but rest assured I've been checking in, making sure all of you lot are playing nice. 

I had actually forgotten that this was this weekend. I've got a shitload of catching up to do before tonight.

• Paid Members

been a lack of decent countdown type shows for this, ESPN probably put stuff out but it hasnt really surfaced online.

Anatomy of a Fighter on youtube have put out video blogs of Lego Head and Allen Crowder though if you are after stuff to watch.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I thought ESPN would have some type of Countdown thing like the way FOX used to with the excellent Road To The Octagon shows. Especially for a champ vs champ main event. 

Here’s a few little interview bits though. 

Allen Crowder on his fight with the Wifebeater;

Gregor Gillespie weirdly not talking about opponents; 

And Joanne Calderwood on moving to Vegas, doing media etc; 

Love Calderwood. You’d never have her pegged as a fighter if you didn’t know. Hope she can make something of this flyweight run. Unfortunately for her, and every other 125lb woman on the roster, that road leads to Valentina The Bullet. 

Think this is going to be a proper entertaining show.

• Paid Members
On 1/18/2019 at 3:57 PM, wandshogun09 said:

I don’t dislike it. It’s going to take some getting used to though. They’ve had the old design so long now it’s going to look odd for a bit with a new one. Like when the WWF first got rid of the winged eagle belt. That’s the belt I grew up seeing. 

57AC5DD5-8BAC-4F3B-9475-126B8CADA67D.jpeg

Fuck off new belt. You’re not my real Dad. 

Will they be dishing out multiple versions of these. Didn't  Mighty Mouse have one for each of his defenses?

I like the design. Very nice.

Really great Fight Night to start the UFC year off. Had just about everything you could want.

Alexander Hernandez went in with zero respect for Cowboy Cerrone, and paid dearly for it. Tremendous performance by Cowboy, and a great fight all around. "Papa Cowboy" might be the new "TRT Vitor". Conor McGregor Tweeted that he would fight Cerrone, and dammit, if that's not the fight to make next, I don't know what is.

Victories by Cerrone and JoJo netted me a cool $100, always makes the event that much better.

Out of all the ways the main event could have gone, TJ getting sparked in 30 seconds might be the most shocking. Dillashaw was a twat of the highest order post-fight though. "He didn't beat me". I can see the argument for the stoppage being early, but when you get bounced around the Octagon like a pinball in the first 30 seconds, not a great attitude to have. I hope they do do Cejudo vs. TJ at 135 and the exact same thing happens to the prick.

Speaking of pricks, Greg Hardy furthered his claim as the lowest form of human life in that co-main.

• Paid Members

Fun show.

Cowboy putting down Hernandez was lovely to watch and the bizzareness of the Greg Hardy stuff will no doubt be a talking point for a while. Dude has such a cold vibe about him. Loved Crowder shit talking at him, was just getting interesting. 

Kinda disappointed in how the main event went off so quickly, props to Henry though. Building an impressive resume there. TJ can't really have any complaints. 

• Paid Members

awesomestufftobuy_gold-lego-bricks-550x3

Well, Cejudo just cemented his place in the P4P list. Our Olympic Gold Medallist fighting the good fight once more, showing he's elite, strong, fast, blessed with Khabib power and, yes, a fine head of hair. The bigger the challenge the better Cejudo gets, it seems. As mentioned a few times, it's that scary Olympic gold mentality which you should never underplay. I honestly fancied TJ to batter Cejudo, but there's Cejudo dropping TJ on his arse 3 times in the opening few seconds of the fight. Mental.

TJ "all class in defeat"; fuck off Anik. Very clearly wasn't the case. 100% the ref could have let TJ get his head bashed in a few more times, but the ref, using a bit of savvy, clearly saw TJ get knocked on his arse repeatedly and Cejudo wasn't going to stop. Fair enough if it was just one flash knockdown, but TJ just kept getting sat back down as Cejudo swarmed on him.

Greg Hardy in poor life decision shocker. Clearly the guy is thick as pig shit, so I reckon he just got caught up in what he was doing and didn't think (again, shocker). It was bizarre watching it in real time because as Crowder was on his knee you sort of saw it coming for what felt like an age, thinking "is he going to knee... Oh shit! He just stuck the knee in". For a guy as despised as Hardy it won't hurt him and, if anything, adds to his Tyson-like 'piece of shit but hard' aura.
On the action, this version of Hardy is clearly going to get bashed the second he gets in there with any sort of good competition. It's not surprising given his number of fights, but he's the sort of bloke that highlights what a freak Brock Lesnar was when he arrived in the UFC. Clearly a great athlete, but a proper veteran with something about them will grind him out.

PVZ v Ostovich was good fun. PVZ is the type you never write off because she has this habit of finding a way, despite seemingly being outgunned.

Funny the proper hype advert for 234 was all about Anderson v Israel. They are correct, of course. Whittaker is a buyrate thief.

Bet Cejudo will look great wearing it, however.

UFC-ESPN-10-696x392.jpg

I actually quite like the new belt now.

I was very surprised with how the main event went, credit to Cejudo, he got the job done quickly and decisively. The rematch at 135lbs won't do much good for the future of the Flyweight division especially if the result goes the same way.

I'm in the minority but I really like TJ. I know he's an arrogant dick but there's something about his mentality that I respect. The fact he analyses everything he does and the way he eats and how he is some sort of science project for his team is great. Everything he does in all aspects of life he does for a reason. That said, he did lose and he was a sore loser but I'm sure he will come back stronger.

EDIT: Forgot to add, Cerrone is the man and Hardy is all hype. He will lose his next fight.

Dana tore into the main event referee afterwards.

I think I’m alright at translating his tantrums into human, and I think what he meant was ‘FFS, I wanted to close this fucking division and TJ was supposed to win. Fuck sake. #MAGA’

Archived