There's Been a General Election Called! Who You Voting For?

David

Who You Voting For?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bumping this thread in light of news that our (Peterborough's) MP was convicted of perverting the course of justice earlier this week after lying that she was not driving a car caught on a speed camera.

When she won the seat at the last election, it felt REALLY significant.  It's been a staunch Tory stronghold for as long as i've lived here, and for the majority of that time, we were represented by this wonderful chap..  

Stewart Jackson calls step-dad of sick child 'A pathetic cretin'

Responds to comments from gay couple

I AM LAZARUS!

I mean, for fuck sake...

Oh, he just so happened to be David Davis' original Brexit secretary just in case I hadn't already made my case sufficiently.

So when a black, female, Labour MP was elected, that was noteworthy, you know?  Despite the council remaining under Tory control, by a single seat no less, it really felt as though mood in the city was changing, she was even appointed the whip after just a few months in the role.

Her story, surrounding the driving office has been laughable from day one, and yet still warranted a re-trial after key witnesses text exchanges were revealed to say things like "Got her!" (they'd had a previous falling out), and yesterday, this frankly unbelievable whatsapp message to Labour MP's was leaked...

"“Regardless of what you believe or suspect, the fact remains that I Fiona sought to be the choice and voice of change — but this may now take a different path.” She then reportedly states: “I am in good biblical company along with Joseph, Moses, Daniel and his three Hebrew friends who were each found guilty by the courts of their day. “While God did not save them from a guilty verdict he did save them in it and ensured that their greatest days of impact were on the other side of a guilty verdict. Of course this is equally true of Christ who was accused and convicted by the courts of his day and yet this was not his end but rather the beginning of the next chapter in his story.”

Absolute fruit cake. 

So, to answer the question - regardless of which way I vote, I imagine the tories could put a fucking spoon up for election and walk it right now which is remarkable all things considered!  If she gets sentenced to more than a year, we'll find out very soon.

Terrible business, that, they shouldn't be dabbling in these traditional Tory antics of law breaking and lying, however much they might appeal to the floating voter.

I'm all for following the example of Christ, but you probably need to rethink your world view a bit if you're crowbarring a crucifixion/resurrection reference into the same sentence where you try to explain away why your lied about your speeding ticket.

Archived