Developmental wrestlers who never made it

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

When I created this thread, I'm sure people expected Ron Waterman. I bet people expected silly jokes about two of the most successful developmental wrestlers there's ever been.

Nobody expected BUCK DIXON.

Image result for BUCK DIXON

If these were the best pictures they could find of him I dread to think what the worst were....

• Paid Members

My answer to this would have been the obvious ones. Guys like Ron Waterman, Steve Bradley and Sickboy who PowerSlam would always make sound like incredible prospects. I'd include them on TNM7 and my little fantasy promotions as these kick-ass newcomers who'd end up main eventing.

I'd throw in guys like the Bashams and Matt Morgan too. Lots expected of them but although they made it to WWE and had runs lasting about ten times longer than they should have - they acheived nothing and their runs are so forgettable. Throw Rob Conway in there too. Jim Cornette's magic at work with this bunch.

• Paid Members

Cornette was adamant that Morgan was a future Wrestlemania main eventer, wasn't he?

I generally find Cornette's criticisms of anything post about 2001 to be a bit guff, but I have to agree that the WWE fucked Morgan by debuting him in "Team Lesnar"; taking one of the most impressive physical specimens they had and putting him on a Survivor Series team with the only people in the company bigger and scarier was a daft move.

I looked him up on Wiki to see if he'd resurfaced anywhere, had no idea he'd come back to Impact for a run last year. There's also a throwaway line that he formed a heel team with Joe E. Legend in Italy to face WALTER, which is just wrestling mad libs, surely?

4 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

When I created this thread, I'm sure people expected Ron Waterman. I bet people expected silly jokes about two of the most successful developmental wrestlers there's ever been.

I've been looking for a way to describe my body type after 6 months in the gym...I have genuinely taken myself to Buck Dixon fit and I really hope that's not my pinnacle

Weird weird body on Ol Buck there. 

The 3rd pic is. Not too bad. The first one popping his traps was a bad idea as was the second one that does nothing for him. 

He does have decent size and a frame to work with.  With alot of training I could see him with one of. Those strongman'esque bods 

Sadly cursed by a disproportionate body type, in particular a shit looking chest that no amount of training will make look right (defo could get bigger) but would always be crap looking aesthetically

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

He's like a Studio Ghibli character come to life.

Archived