Developmental wrestlers who never made it

HarmonicGenerator

5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Anyone remember Russ McCullough? He was a big lad down in OVW, just shy of seven foot, off the back of a couple of photos of him in Powerslam I thought he'd be the next big thing, and he dropped off the face of the Earth.

Jim Cornette did not think much of Russ McCullough...https://youtu.be/wQxf1PKi4qU?t=42

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched a fair bit of Steve Bradley in the past couple of years for an ongoing project on another board and it really is a shame he never made it to the WWF.  He was kept around for several years almost as the experienced developmental vet, worked in all the developmental territories (OVW, HWA, MPPW, MCW and IWA-PR), was easily always one of the best workers in whatever territory he was in, could get good matches out of guys who never really had them (Ali, Spellbinder). was used to get guys ready for the main roster, also helped out Victoria immensely when she managed him in Memphis, could talk, had seemingly everything going for him bar a body and a scuzzy look.

Anyway, here is Robbie D who was a heck of an athlete with an insane vertical leap.  Never made it out of development (MPPW and OVW) and passed away in 2002.

zOp1RRZ.gif

7 minutes ago, kickin it wit the kliq said:

I remember in 1998 WWF magazine had a feature on one of Dory Funk jnr's camps, it had Edge, Val Venis and Tiger Ali Singh in it, but also had a huge jacked, Maven looking guy called Rodney Blackbeard, whatever happened to him

Yeah I remember that was it in the old raw magazine? There are tons off guys form the ovw days that never got a chance.. I would love to see some ovw 01-06 tvs on the network 

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, kickin it wit the kliq said:

I remember in 1998 WWF magazine had a feature on one of Dory Funk jnr's camps, it had Edge, Val Venis and Tiger Ali Singh in it, but also had a huge jacked, Maven looking guy called Rodney Blackbeard, whatever happened to him

While looking up an answer I found these which I believe are from that camp. 

copel-1.jpg

bloom-1.jpg

arm-bar.jpg

kurtangle1.jpg

6 hours ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Old Ron Waterman as mentioned earlier is always my first thought 

The guy with the shoot fighter gimmick, great physique and looked abit like Scott Steiner 

Think he was around 35-36 when in OVW

ronwaterman.jpg

Carved out a decent b level career in MMA 

Definately not Gay.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Roy said:

How about Brakus? He made house show appearances and even turned up in Wrestling With Shadows and the Mayhem in Manchester show I believe.

Brakus, albeit briefly, did make the main roster. He won a squash match on RAW, and was in the Brawl For All before he disappeared. He popped up in ECW for a TV Title match against Taz, and was promoted as a WWF talent there as part of that feud. I had that show on VHS, and remember not having a clue who this bloke was.

Archived