TLC - it’s really soon

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

6FA99F94-D18B-44A1-B9B1-419CEBE207CA.jpeg.863f09c4ba532a3b798678ff03b68985.jpeg

It’s the last PPV of the year, and we all know what that means... yes, the UKFF awards will be open for nominations the day after!

Also there’s a show, here are the matches:

Raw

Rollins vs Ambrose for the Intercontinental Title

Corbin vs Strowman in a TLC match where if Corbin wins he is full time GM and if Strowman wins Corbin is stripped of power and Braun gets the chance to be squashed by Brock for the third consecutive time at the Rumble

Rousey vs Jax for the Women’s Title

Balor vs McIntyre

Elias vs Lashley in a Ladderguitar match

Natalya vs Ruby in a Tables match.

Smackers

Bryan vs Styles for the WWE Title

Lynch vs Flair vs Asuka in a TLC match for the Women’s Title

Bar vs Usos vs New Day for the Tag Title

Mysterio vs Orton in a Chairs match

Murphy vs Cedric for the Cruiserweight Title

And also the Mixed Match Challenge final where the winners get the #30 slot in their respective Royal Rumbles.

A very Raw heavy card there but I have to say the only match from that side that’s appealing is Finn and Drew whereas I’m unlikely to fast forward any of the SmackDown stuff. 

People’s thoughts?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlike Hell in a Cell, TLC is one of those gimmick shoehorn events that I quiet like. I'm always up for festive wrestling, so I'm more than willing to throw 3 hours on watching a bunch of ladders and tables fly all over the place in matches I won't remember a month from now, before WWE returns to being serious business again for 'Mania season. 

It’s so frustrating that’s RAW have all of them shite matches on when there’s so much better stuff going on over on SmackDown, fact RAW has so many leaves little space for any more SmackDown matches.

Will probably give this one a miss

• Paid Members

I assumed Rollins VS Ambrose would be a ladder match. Is it not? That's madness. A straight up match over the IC title in the main event of a gimmick ppv. Especially given the history of that title with ladder matches.

Looks shite on paper, no need to subscribe until next month after all.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So as I haven’t watched RAW proper in years, is Kurt still the proper GM? If Baron has to win to be become full GM, why isn’t Kurt involved and defending his GMship? Or as Kurt is held together by duct-tape and dust in real life and shouldn’t be wrestling, is Braun representing him?

You would think all of the above would be the case, seeing as it makes sense. Alas, it is not the case and Kurt is nowhere to be found. Instead, it's some twisted deal, based around Corbin screwing Braun at Crown Jewel, Stephanie agreeing with Braun that Corbin fucked up, and now Corbin has to beat Braun in this match in order to become permanent GM instead of acting GM. I think if he loses, he loses all power or something, and Braun gets Brock at the Rumble? Although I'm not 100 percent certain on that, as I tend to tune out a bit when Corbin and Stephanie are on screen.

2 hours ago, WeeAl said:

You would think all of the above would be the case, seeing as it makes sense. Alas, it is not the case and Kurt is nowhere to be found. Instead, it's some twisted deal, based around Corbin screwing Braun at Crown Jewel, Stephanie agreeing with Braun that Corbin fucked up, and now Corbin has to beat Braun in this match in order to become permanent GM instead of acting GM. I think if he loses, he loses all power or something, and Braun gets Brock at the Rumble? Although I'm not 100 percent certain on that, as I tend to tune out a bit when Corbin and Stephanie are on screen.

Is Alexa Bliss not knocking around as some sort of GM at the moment too? whole thing is a mess. Assume Steph and Triple H will just take over around Rumble time anyway.

Corbin as GM is a new low though, at least Mike Adamle was entertainingly  bad.

Archived