Finding Their Sound: Early Forays in the Music Business

gmoney

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I've always thought Slade still seemed hard as fuck, same as a lot of 70s British glam bands. They've got that Adrian Street thing of "I am so fucking hard, I can dress like a poof, try and say something about it" 

That was the great thing about 70s glam rock; it was builders and bricklayers dressing up in daft costumes. I wish popular music was still like that.

27 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

That's not Trent in the gif. He's the keyboard player.

This is one of those urban legends from when I was a teenager. I wish I didn't look this up and ruin my own illusion whilst making a right wazzock of myself. Boo.

1 hour ago, The Maestro said:

This is one of those urban legends from when I was a teenager. I wish I didn't look this up and ruin my own illusion whilst making a right wazzock of myself. Boo.

Marilyn Manson went from being the dorky kid in The Wonder Years to the God Of Fuck. 

• Paid Members

this is a favorite of mine...not a band but a band member. Nu-metal band (hed)pe's frontman Jared Gomes (aka MCUD) used to front a cult new-wave pop band back in the 80's called The Clue. Its about as far away from the sound and the image he created for himself in (hed)pe. Whats even better about it is that he was apparently not best pleased when footage surfaced of it a few years back, i think he'd hope this shit would stay buried forever. Brilliant.

hqdefault.jpg

to this...

Hedpe_TruthRising_Promo2.jpg

16 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Whats even better about it is that he was apparently not best pleased when footage surfaced of it a few years back, i think he'd hope this shit would stay buried forever. Brilliant.

Much like the singer of this band, who makes a career out of trying his best to be offensive and mocking the offended.  But mention this on Twitter and the prick will block you.

• Paid Members

Tears For Fears? Mad World and the weird jazz stuff that turns up on the Seeds Of Love album are quite far apart.

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Much like the singer of this band, who makes a career out of trying his best to be offensive and mocking the offended.  But mention this on Twitter and the prick will block you.

It wouldn't be as bad if he wasn't so seemingly thin skinned himself.He's really prone to throwing his toys out of the pram when called up on him saying dumb shit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 4:29 PM, Egg Shen said:

this is a favorite of mine...not a band but a band member. Nu-metal band (hed)pe's frontman Jared Gomes (aka MCUD) used to front a cult new-wave pop band back in the 80's called The Clue.

Just a quick note to say that I did my annual attempt at being sociable last night.  It was a friends birthday get together at her house and I remembered she was a fan of this band.  Without dropping any hints, I showed her this video and the sheer joy on her face when she twigged was the highlight of the night.  I don't know much about him but she repeatedly asked if it actually was him and not a fake or a joke because he is such an alpha male conspiracy douche that it seemed too good to be true.

She promptly sent it to many of her friends to share the joy, so thanks so much for brining laughter and happiness to a 30th birthday party!

Archived