Physical Altercations

Brewster McCloud

Just looked back at my group chat with the other AR guys and I made a mistake, was actually two girls, one 15 and the other 16. I was going to post the news articles about it, but that is probably a can of worms not worth opening. 

Anyway, sorry for lashing out Rey. I’m sure you can understand since you are really good at comprehending when people act unreasonably 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Anyway, sorry for lashing out Rey. I’m sure you can understand since you are really good at comprehending when people act unreasonably 

Apology accepted. Though with the amount of verbal abuse I've got from people over the years you just get callused to it. Which is a big reason I quit doing security work, it's not great for your mental health.

Where do we stand on getting involved in domestics on a night out? The missus said she intervened in one on her work Xmas do t'other night and I said she was a fool for doing so. Apparently some guy pushed his missus so she bollocked him. Whilst I admire her intentions, I told her she should have told a member of staff rather than getting involved. No need to jeopardise her own safety when she has a family at home and doesn't know what caused the guy to be a dick. 

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Where do we stand on getting involved in domestics on a night out? The missus said she intervened in one on her work Xmas do t'other night and I said she was a fool for doing so. Apparently some guy pushed his missus so she bollocked him. Whilst I admire her intentions, I told her she should have told a member of staff rather than getting involved. No need to jeopardise her own safety when she has a family at home and doesn't know what caused the guy to be a dick. 

Bravo to her, fair play indeed. If I was in your position part of me would have worried about her own safety, so I can understand your feelings. But the world needs more people like your other half.

5 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

It’s gone up to 60% since then

Probably the wrong thread but it cracks me up when people bang on about vegan athletes mentioning they're vegan, but in nearly every interview with them it's the interviewer who brings it up and they're just answering the question.

25 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Bravo to her, fair play indeed. If I was in your position part of me would have worried about her own safety, so I can understand your feelings. But the world needs more people like your other half.

Oh absolutely. I respect her intentions 100%. But I don't like her to put herself in a potentially threatening scenario involving a couple of strangers and alcohol. Not when she has a child and husband at home. Young Maestro would be in there and tell the guy to do one and and end up in some kind of altercation. Family man Maestro think differently these days and would rather get people more qualified to deal with the situation. 

23 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Probably the wrong thread but it cracks me up when people bang on about vegan athletes mentioning they're vegan, but in nearly every interview with them it's the interviewer who brings it up and they're just answering the question.

Not many celebrities could go all out on it because it will effect their public image I guess. Miley Cyrus doesn’t wanna be viewed like Morrissey. I know I’ve lost plenty of customers because of it, but I don’t really care about that

1 hour ago, The Maestro said:

If it's just loud arguing pushing/shoving I'd just tell security or call the police. Domestic shite was my least favourite thing when I was in the reserve police here. Couple would be at each others throats until you'd inevitably have to seperate them, once that happened they would both turn on you like clockwork. Would usually end with both of them crying saying they love each other whilst calling you every name under the sun, after you'd been kicked in the shins repeatedly by the woman or headbutted and spat on by the fella as you tried to put his seatbelt on, as happened in my first experience of them.

My advice would be never, ever get personally involved unless absolutely necessary, ie a massive guy is strangling the girlfriend or something obviously serious like that.

• Paid Members
On 12/7/2018 at 2:35 PM, chokeout said:

The thread still exists!

image.thumb.png.b0fce53231700eef5ee4cbcd3c338671.png

I actually put one of my old school mates girlfriend in the Walls of Jericho. She was trying to wind him up flirting with me and kept leaping of a chair and wrapping her legs around my waist (oh to be 19 again). As she wouldn't stop doing it, the last time she did i flipped her over. It was only a joke, I didn't execute it fully obviously because violence against woman is wrong, it was just to get some laughs. The only reason I mention it is because when doing it some men came up to me as they thought it was funny.They became my best friends and re-created this during their best man's speech at my wedding. 

Back to the topic on hand. I have been mugged a few times and had my nose broken. Not had a proper fight since I was 11 and I didn't want to fight so just took a beating. I am very aware of my surroundings whenever I am out and just do what I can to avoid putting myself in a situation. Fighting isn't cool kids.

Archived