Christmas food and cooking

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Any roasted meat needs to be rested for a good hour at least. If only to make room in the oven for everything else. Also it’ll just taste better. 

My general rule is the only thing that needs to be served piping hot is the gravy anyway. So I always make that the last thing out of the kitchen in case anything has gotten too lukewarm. 

How does everyone serve? Do you plate it all up or have everything out on the table for self service?

its a mix for me. Meat, potatoes and Yorkshire’s are plated up and then all the trimmings are help yourself on the table. 

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members

Honestly, best Christmas meal I've done. The sprouts, pan fried  (instead of steamed) with pancetta and chestnuts, have single handedly made me a sprout convert.

Will get some pictures of the component parts in a bit.

20181225_141832.jpg

Edited by Gus Mears

Had a cracking food day so far! Starter was a whole sea bass stuffed with red onion, garlic, lemon and dill.

Main consisted of turkey, roast potatoes cooked with garlic, thyme and rosemary, honey roast parsnips and carrots, broccoli, brussel sprouts, pigs in blankets, homemade Yorkshire puddings and garlic and porcini mushroom stuffing.