What happened in 2018?

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Paul Heyman teased turning on Brock Lesnar and joining forces with Roman Reigns and they genuinely decided this wasn’t the right direction to go in.

Team Hell No reformed to lose their one and only PPV match. 

Braun Strowman cashed in a Money in the Bank contract in order to have a Hell in a Cell match, ensuring he’d have a fair, one-on-one shot with the champion. He was supposed to be the heel in this scenario. It ended without a winner due to interference.

AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura had numerous PPV matches and none of them were particularly memorable, apart from their Wrestlemania match, which was mostly memorable for being disappointing.

Camella was Smackdown Women’s Champion, with PPV victories over Charlotte Flair and Asuka.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Have to admit that one completely passed me by. I know he hadn’t been on Raw in a while but thought he was injured, when did he announce he was retiring?

The last thing I read was his pelvis and back had started fusing together. He had a dedicated thread on his twitter page during the summer highlighting some of his favorite moments of his career, so you know something must have been up. I'm no practitioner but he's basically fucked isn't he? He was on the road as an agent briefly, whether anything came of that is anyone's guess. 

Speaking of Cena this is the first real year he's started to taper off WWE entirely. Sporadic appearances, being squashed by Taker at Mania. To the very public break-up with Nikki, to turning down Saudi-Mania money. I would have never expected 5 years ago that go to company man Cena would be so withdrawn. The Rock was right all a long. 

7 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Have to admit that one completely passed me by. I know he hadn’t been on Raw in a while but thought he was injured, when did he announce he was retiring?

He did a video on either his own or WWE's YouTube, where he said Broken/Woken Matt Hardy was retiring, and that he didn't want to say 100% but Matt Hardy might never have another match.

Archived