Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

Christmas Films

"Merry Christmas, Mister Lawrence". No red or green, but a lot of David Bowie and bamboo jails.

I see Channel 4 showed "The Snowman" yesterday (9th December). Missed the intro, so don't know if it was the Raymond Briggs or David Bowie beginning. Bit early eh?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Anyone recall Mixed Nuts? I haven't thought about the film since I saw I probably 20 years back, but reading through this thread made me remember it's name. 

I have very little recollection of what it's about, I just recall watching it on a Christmas evening as a kid. Can't remember if it was any good. 

Off to IMDB I go...

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

There's a little spoken introduction by David Bowie.

Oh really? Well there's a TIL for me right there. Might have to seek that version out.

I think i've only ever seen the Bowie version, i alway knew there was a Raymond Briggs intro but can't say i've ever seen it, all my childhood memories of it are the Bowie version, and that's on the DVD i have HOWEVER - TIL there is a THIRD introduction by the animated Father Christmas (Mel Smith) which was used from 2002- 2013.