The Shit Hill You Will Die On

Keith Houchen

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Was running an area at a games event. Amongst other stuff I had my typical set up of No Mercy on N64, Revenge on N64, Here Comes The Pain on PS2, etc.

All the consoles were occupied, and two lads, early 20’s walk over.

Lad 1: “Do you have a PS4”?

Me: “No sorry, this is a retro section”.

Lad 2: “Have you got Fortnite?”

Me: “......... No sorry, this is a retro section”.

Lad 1: “Wrestling is shit”

Lad 2:  (points to PS2 screen) “look at how bad those graphics are”. 

Out of nowhere, a voice said “Fortnite is for Peeds”, to which several others laughed. They both walked off and I stood there bemused by the exchange. They basically insulted 2 of my 3 nerd hobbies. If they’d had said something negative about the 90’s wwf catalogue merchandise I’d have been fucking ready like.

• Paid Members

Language may evolve but you can't allow literally to not mean literally, but in fact literally the opposite. I know it's happened to other adjectives but..... LITERALLY. If you think it's acceptable to take literally away from me, I will kill you. Not literally, of course.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Language may evolve but you can't allow literally to not mean literally, but in fact literally the opposite. I know it's happened to other adjectives but..... LITERALLY. If you think it's acceptable to take literally away from me, I will kill you. Not literally, of course.

I'm sorry Raid, but literally doesn't just mean literally any more. You're just going to have let it sink in, figuratively speaking. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Making it through Lulu is the equivalent of watching King of the Ring 95, you get a badge at the end to say you did it like when you climb the tower at St Paul’s Cathedral.

I thought the last third of St Anger was OK, but you’ve got to wade through a lot of shit to get to it

I always thought that if St Anger had come out when Load came out it would have been seen as one of the pioneers of nu-netal as opposed to it sounding like some dads bandwagon jumping. Some Kind Of Monster is an entertaining movie as well but not for the right reasons; it's very Spinal Tap. 

A Knight's Tale is a cracking movie, huge fun. 

There's a group of films that film snobs will tell you are shit, but are actually really great entertainment.  Someone mentioned Waterworld earlier, and I'm on board with that, I love that film and whenever it's on tv I always end up watching a good chunk of it.  See also A Team.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Making it through Lulu is the equivalent of watching King of the Ring 95, you get a badge at the end to say you did it like when you climb the tower at St Paul’s Cathedral.

Hang on, you get a badge for climbing the tower at St Paul’s? I feel short changed now, we did that in September and did I get a badge? Did I fuck. Where’s my badge?!

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Loki said:

A Knight's Tale is a cracking movie, huge fun. 

There's a group of films that film snobs will tell you are shit, but are actually really great entertainment.  Someone mentioned Waterworld earlier, and I'm on board with that, I love that film and whenever it's on tv I always end up watching a good chunk of it.  See also A Team.

I enjoyed A Knight's Tale. The soundtrack is amazing. Haven't seen Waterworld, hated the A-Team movie, but I was a huge fan of the series and Mr T, and don't really like Liam Neeson. He just always feels like he's phoning in his performances.

Archived