Dynamite Kid Passed Away

The Four Horsemen

I'm sketchy on a few things

Didn't his back 'go' in 86??

Be still wrestled until 93/94 and had a decent physique and moved well and was still fast and agile. 

Cut to 95 and he looks like a meth addict. 

What made him age 20 years between 1994 and 1995?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
19 minutes ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

I'm sketchy on a few things

Didn't his back 'go' in 86??

Be still wrestled until 93/94 and had a decent physique and moved well and was still fast and agile. 

Cut to 95 and he looks like a meth addict. 

What made him age 20 years between 1994 and 1995?

He was still in the game in 93/94. That was post WWF boom, where he was trading on posters as "from the British Bulldog's the Dynamite Kid." in an attempt to get the punters in. So he was still working out and trying to look the part. The 1996 appearance was probably straight from the pub, a good offer during a time he needed a few quid and hadnt worked out since his last match. Shave his head and get him off the steroids in 1986 and he'd probably look like he did in his last match.

Thanks Ian

Yeah I saw him a few times in that period. 

Do wonder if stopping working out led to an accelerates decline. 

The muscles around his back when they atrophied due to stopping probably contributed to his lack of mobility in later life (the muscle was probably supporting alot) 

He was well known for being a belligerent, bullying bastard and for that the world isn't worse off. That said he was a stunning performer in his Japan run in the early to mid-90s and for that he will always have a certain respect from me. The fact that the whole family seemed to have disowned him until fairly recently shows us what type of a character he was outside the ring. However nobody deserves to end up a crumpled old heap like that. Surely he should be inducted now? What happened between Kid and McMahon for them not to mention the death on RAW?

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

What happened between Kid and McMahon for them not to mention the death on RAW?

Probably more to do with not wanting to overly promote the death of someone who was on CNN talking about putting a gun to his wifes chin than anything to do with Vince. But Dynamite Kid did make fun of Vince to his face in front of the New Japan locker room in the late 80s. No idea if McMahon remembers that or not, but apparently Vince said "when you coming back to work for us, Tom?", trying to be nice and Dynamite replied "how 'boot fookin' never." Or something like that.

Dynamite will probably get in the legacy wing of the Hall of Fame eventually. Where they mention him in passing along with loads of other people they dont want to devote TV time to.

• Paid Members

http://screenjabber.com/reviews/slammer-jabber-december-2/

I've hesitated to post my weekly column here (I lack the self confidence to believe it's not total garbage) but for this once it's relevant. I wrote a thing about Dynamite Kid. It's nothing new, and significantly less brilliant than others have written, but it might be of interest if you're bored. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

No idea if McMahon remembers that or not, but apparently Vince said "when you coming back to work for us, Tom?", trying to be nice and Dynamite replied "how 'boot fookin' never." Or something like that.

Yeah I read that. Didn't he ask Davey the same question straight after, who seemed more receptive? And that was that...

3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Probably more to do with not wanting to overly promote the death of someone who was on CNN talking about putting a gun to his wifes chin than anything to do with Vince. But Dynamite Kid did make fun of Vince to his face in front of the New Japan locker room in the late 80s. No idea if McMahon remembers that or not, but apparently Vince said "when you coming back to work for us, Tom?", trying to be nice and Dynamite replied "how 'boot fookin' never." Or something like that.

Dynamite will probably get in the legacy wing of the Hall of Fame eventually. Where they mention him in passing along with loads of other people they dont want to devote TV time to.

It was actually when he was working for Baba, not sure of the year because his timeline was a bit skewed, but Vince said he was surprised he'd not heard from him recently, implying to ask for his job back. Dyno said that when he said he was done he meant it. Vince pitched them coming back to have a run against Tully and Arn, with them giving him a spike piledriver off the interview platform when they did their return interview to kick off their feud, and Dyno declined.

3 hours ago, mim731 said:

http://screenjabber.com/reviews/slammer-jabber-december-2/

I've hesitated to post my weekly column here (I lack the self confidence to believe it's not total garbage) but for this once it's relevant. I wrote a thing about Dynamite Kid. It's nothing new, and significantly less brilliant than others have written, but it might be of interest if you're bored. 

I found it an enjoyable column and even learned a little bit that i did not already know. 

Don't put yourself down and i hope your self confidence improves 😉

17 hours ago, tony1234 said:

No mention of his death on RAW last night 

They did the tribute graphic on NXT.  Unless it's someone who was part of the "family" don't they usually just acknowledge it on the next show they put out, then move on.  Given that 6 months ago he was suing them, I'm not surprised they haven't made a big deal of it.

Someone who they're friendly with, the graphic on a couple of shows and a tribute video on youtube.  Someone who's part of the "family" gets the tribute video on Raw.

Archived