Dynamite Kid Passed Away

The Four Horsemen

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, 5pints said:

For those of us who don't know, what's the story about Sky Tv?

I think it was the aforementioned CNN interview, but there was a clip of an interview with Kid in his home and in the background was a TV with the “insert Sky card” screen, so it’s just been a common jibe since then that Dynamite Kid’s not had the coin to keep his Sky subscription.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 12/6/2018 at 5:53 PM, Astro Hollywood said:

While titting around on Google looking at Dynamite stuff, I came across this. In 2013, someone did a play based on the 'please insert your Sky viewing card' years, called The Inferno Kid.

ik-4.jpg

Interesting to note he re-wrote it without the Dynamite specifics, it ended up being called called "El Britanico"

https://broadwaybaby.com/features/the-alex-brockie-three-minute-interview/512

The show toured briefly in the Midlands under the name Inferno Kid. What made you change the name for the Fringe?

The play was originally based on the life of a real person – someone who is still alive today. I wanted to distance the play as much as I could from the original source so as not to cause any unnecessary offence – the central character (in the play) is quite controversial and fundamentally unlikable.

8 minutes ago, DarloKid said:

has anyone got a copy of Dynamite Kids Autobiography for sale ? hit me up, please 

Wish it was this one, can you imagine?

51sKCTIjpvL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_

"It was at this point, that Billington PUT THE SHOTGUN UNDER HER CHIN!!!"

58 minutes ago, returner82 said:

I don't have the info to support this, but is it possible that Nine Legends had a British production crew, compared to the American Highspots crew, so maybe he trusted the former more given his experience with CNN?

Good insight into why they didn't fuck it up: http://www.ninelegendsfilm.com/2016/03/dynamite-kid-article/

• Paid Members

I never heard of Nine Legends. Is there a way to download the film when paid for, as I really struggle to get through a full film in one sitting these days due to my kids being little bastards....

1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Quite informative and succinct piece here.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/12/05/the-life-and-death-of-tom-dynamite-kid-billington-dead-at-age-60/

He'll get the 10bell salute from WWE, won't he? Have they made any comment yet?

Not a chance in hell they will acknowledge a man who admitted to shoving a shotgun under his sleeping wife's chin on tv.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, ThommoLincs said:

Not a chance in hell they will acknowledge a man who admitted to shoving a shotgun under his sleeping wife's chin on tv.

They had the graphic and scrolling words deal at the bottom of the screen at the start of nxt acknowledging his death. They’ve also posted a few videos of his matches on their YouTube. 

Archived