Dynamite Kid Passed Away

The Four Horsemen

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the pic with Davey Boy Jr, i was under the impression they didn't get on but glad to see there was some closure or forgiveness this year. 

Wrestling has a lot of cunts through history, he was one of them and was open about it. Thing is so many of them came across as pricks, if I took that into account a lot of matches I enjoyed over the years I would not watch again. 

He was in a lot of pain, may have been for the best. 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Yes, I just found it slightly amusing that we were all talking about it before him. Just one of those weird quirks, nothing against Melttzer. I willl be interested, however, to see if Dave actually takes Billington to task over the many, many, shitty things he's done, or weather he's just like "He had so many 5* matches in Japan!" Meltzer can sometimes overlook the awful things done by guys he has a wet spot for.

Here's the opening paragraph of the Observer this week:

The legacy of the Dynamite Kid is a complex one to digest.

Perhaps the most succinct way of putting it came from Julie Hart, his former sister-in-law, who one day told me, “Really, he was the best wrestler there ever was,” said Hart, who saw more than her share of great wrestling and was the wife of Bret Hart. “And as great as he was as a wrestler, he was every bit as miserable of a human being.”

20 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Here's the opening paragraph of the Observer this week:

Well, not bad, could have been worse given Meltzer's abysmal writing standard, but it really isn't a "complex legacy" to digest at all. There's no need to mince words. I'm going to read the whole thing now, and I hope the Lapsed Fan podcast do a show on him, as they did an incredible job about Chris Benoit and currently on the Von Erichs.

But: "who one day told me" Really? It's not about you, Dave.

Has anyone watched that full unedited shoot interview footage Highspots put up after the documentary came out? I'm fascinated re: why it was uploaded since it seems like they had to turn the footage into the documentary full of talking heads after basically every answer amounted to "AYE WERE GOOD"/"NAH WERE SHIT THAT"

• Paid Members

Dynamite's wife Dot was present for his whole shoot interview. They were still pissed off about that CNN piece where Dynamite admitted to putting a gun under his ex-wifes chin. So Mike From Highspots in their eyes was like Martin Bashir coming round. So he just said fuck all for 2 hours. He'd be like "didnt know Davey Boy had died. Sorry." Just real cunty responses. Then Dot would pipe in about how CNN were out to get him. "I were t'set up, I tell thee." A missed opportunity if there ever was one.

• Moderators

While titting around on Google looking at Dynamite stuff, I came across this. In 2013, someone did a play based on the 'please insert your Sky viewing card' years, called The Inferno Kid.

The Inferno Kid
A dark comedy by Alex Brockie

Studio: Friday 24 May 7.30pm
The Inferno Kid is a tough – pull no punches – play about a former
wrestling star who, at 36, is disabled, destitute and descending into
madness. Now the living room of his wife’s council flat is a fitting
venue for one final showdown - this time, with the demons of his past.

However, with his mind and his marriage on the line is this a match
The Inferno Kid can win?

ik-4.jpg

Archived