Dynamite Kid Passed Away

The Four Horsemen

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Aren't there loads of HOF inductees who were never in the WWF/E at all? Bit of an odd argument for Pritchard to make.

The clip I listened to yesterday, Conrad asked Bruce about whether Davey Boy wasn't in the Hall of Fame because Vince wouldn't want Dynamite on stage in a wheelchair. Bruce said Davey would definitely go in as a singles rather than as a tag, because his career was so much bigger than the tag team and he was far better known as THE British Bulldog.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 minute ago, King Pitcos said:

The clip I listened to yesterday, Conrad asked Bruce about whether Davey Boy wasn't in the Hall of Fame because Vince wouldn't want Dynamite on stage in a wheelchair. Bruce said Davey would definitely go in as a singles rather than as a tag, because his career was so much bigger than the tag team and he was far better known as THE British Bulldog.

Ah, I see. Thanks for that.

11 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

This would be from the same episode, I'm pretty sure it was the Davey Boy episode, towards the end.

Prichard's full of shit. The Fabulous Freebirds were in WWF for, what, 2 days yet they are in the HoF. The Rock N Roll Express were there only a few months too. Same thing.
WWE's HoF is essentially 'Who Vince thinks will get the most people talking/get him the most PR' anyway. It's a nice gesture and I'm sure those inducted feel very honoured but let's not kid ourselves that it is a truly credible wrestling HoF.

27 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Davey is one of those that could go in twice if Vinny thought he could make money out of it. Bulldogs should go in as a team (outside Demolition are they the biggest team not in yet?) and no doubt Vinny would stick in DBS in on his own for his solo work if he thought he could get coin out of it. 

Its a similar situation to Micheals. Shawn is naile don HOF for solo work but would you also stick the Rockers in on a quiet year? 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

Davey is one of those that could go in twice if Vinny thought he could make money out of it. Bulldogs should go in as a team (outside Demolition are they the biggest team not in yet?) and no doubt Vinny would stick in DBS in on his own for his solo work if he thought he could get coin out of it. 

Its a similar situation to Micheals. Shawn is naile don HOF for solo work but would you also stick the Rockers in on a quiet year? 

I imagine DX would be inducted before then.

Posted by Davey Boy Jr on Twitter:

It deeply saddens me to announce the passing of Tom Billington the “Dynamite Kid.” I was really happy and glad I got to see Dynamite one last time last June in the UK. . Dynamite was certainly an inspiration to myself and many others and really revolutionized. Professional Wrestling as we now it today. He flew high, and gave it his all every match. Thanks for everything and sad to have lost another family member. Rest In Peace Dyno.

DtpdFlNVYAA7E_Q.jpg

• Paid Members

Like many, you've got to separate the worker from the person because the person makes you despise the industry that enables him.

As a pro-wrestler, he was talented, innovative, influential and truly brilliant.

As a person, I honestly think life handed him its own commupence with the state he ended up in. He probably wished every day that he'd been nicer to people on the way up.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

And who accepts for them? Harry Smith for them both I guess. 

Top Garthing 👏

On Topic, he was clearly - as WWE would say - 'with demons' and became extremely bitter and resentful over the years. But my god, what a bloody unbelievable wrestler. You watch those Tiger Mask matches in particular now and you ask yourself- "how on earth was this 1983?". Their matches were so ahead of time it was unreal. Although by no means the most successful, decorated or famous British wrestler, there is a strong case that he was the best, or at the very least on a shortlist of the all-time best British wrestlers. Absolutely fantastic to watch. One of the great innovators.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

I don't see them putting the Bulldogs in just because it looks bad to induct a tag team where both guys are now deceased.

Is this a whole lot different from everyone else they've inducted posthumously?

Due to the Rubik's Cube in a labyrinth nature of how to approach the subject of Dynamite and his personality, i'll just say that I really, really like that he's one of those people with Rollerball Rocco as Black Tiger who matches aside you never get tired of watching in Japan because of their tendency before, after and during to yell things to the effect of EE AR REF HE'S PULLIN ME BLOODY 'AIR HERE and 'EHH TIGER MASK WHEN I GET HOLD OF THEE I'LL 'AVE YER, RIGHT?

I saw him. At a few all star events in the 90s. He was always billed as The Bulldog. This was during the height of Daveys popularity and I recall fans being gutted and feeling misled when out DK came out as they were expecting Davey (guess loads only knew about Davey).  I was thrilled as I was a massive fan of DK. 

Afterwards he was billed as British Bulldog I or when he teamed with John Smith they were:

The British Bulldogs (I&III)

Remember him having a cracking match with 'Superman' Fit Finlay. 

I do remember him looking markedly smaller back then that what he did on my 'wwf tapes'. 

I seem to recall around 94/95 going down to get an autograph and was shocked as I was about 14-15 and bigger height and physically than him at that point

His contribution to the sport his huge. As a human being not so. 

Bulldogs deffo need HOF. You didn't just win titles then. They were mega popular, just look at their wm2, 3 and 4 pop. How many tag-teams from that era actually had their own VHS (any??) 

Archived