It's Political Correctness Gone Mad!

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

The opening post is just the latest example of PETA's particular brand of attention seeking stupidity. As Maxwell said, can't really be arsed with getting offended by it unless you want to.

The follow up where they try and compare racist and homophobic language to things like SuperBacon's username goes beyond that and isn't on. 

It is only comparing them in the idea that things which were once acceptable can become unacceptable over time as society grows and moves forward. Totally reasonable statement to make and not suggesting they are on the same level at all. Although it is PETA, so wouldn’t put it past them to actually suggest that at some point 

• Paid Members

I pronounce Scone to rhyme with gone rather than stone, so that's ridiculous.

I thought this originally came from a linguist talking about how some sayings may fall out of use in future given the rise of veganism?

• Moderators

That's even more ridiculous. Why would a linguist think that unless they were terrible at their job? How many words and phrases have weird and cryptic and sometimes even totally forgotten etymologies but are still used all the time? Loads. What a ridiculous notion to posit. I'm offended not as a meat eater, but just as someone with half a brain.

Archived