Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

It's Political Correctness Gone Mad!

Feeding a fed horse is cruel too. Mr Ed Leslie (credit: poster from RDR2 Thread) is just going to get a monumental case of the shits doing that

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Bloody autocorrect

Also, you can't feed scones to birds. I'm pretty sure it'll cause their stomachs to swell up and then they'll die. PETA are clearly monsters.

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Also, you can't feed scones to birds. I'm pretty sure it'll cause their stomachs to swell up and then they'll die. PETA are clearly monsters.

Better than feeding beef burgers to swans.

9 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

The opening post is just the latest example of PETA's particular brand of attention seeking stupidity. As Maxwell said, can't really be arsed with getting offended by it unless you want to.

The follow up where they try and compare racist and homophobic language to things like SuperBacon's username goes beyond that and isn't on. 

It is only comparing them in the idea that things which were once acceptable can become unacceptable over time as society grows and moves forward. Totally reasonable statement to make and not suggesting they are on the same level at all. Although it is PETA, so wouldn’t put it past them to actually suggest that at some point 

4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Ah, if only it had been cook the books a big roast chicken...

That might be over egging the pudding a bit.

I pronounce Scone to rhyme with gone rather than stone, so that's ridiculous.

I thought this originally came from a linguist talking about how some sayings may fall out of use in future given the rise of veganism?

That's even more ridiculous. Why would a linguist think that unless they were terrible at their job? How many words and phrases have weird and cryptic and sometimes even totally forgotten etymologies but are still used all the time? Loads. What a ridiculous notion to posit. I'm offended not as a meat eater, but just as someone with half a brain.

Literally just heard someone say “monkey see, monkey do” and was tempted to say it’s now legally “monkey see, monkey choose”, but remembered that would get at beet a weird look in the real world.

"appreciate animals for who they are"

Who? I think they meant 'what?' surely?